16. reckless as the rain falls.

"hurry up, slowpoke !!"the redhead called to her newfound friend, the newly adopted by the neighboring family just down the road

the redhead called to her newfound friend, the newly adopted by the neighboring family just down the road.

"you received a head start, it isn't fair !"
the girl trailing behind spoke, far too focused to catch her breath that seemed to slip away as she chased after the other.

the young ladies attempted to outrun the storm that brewed in the air above.

millie was awoken from her trance in the rain only moments before.

"i'd say it's fair, you stood in the downpour for several minutes before you actually started towards the carriage !"
noah called from the top of the hill, watching down as the two girls raced as he sat comfortably in his wheelchair.

though he was disabled, he seemed to take full advantage and make the most of his time on earth, particularly by making snarky comments from his intelligent brain.

"no one asked for your opinion, noah dear."
millie teased the boy, exclaiming as she picked up the remainder of the full skirt she wore and holding it in her arms as she ran.

sadie reached the top of the hill first, panting as she leaned against the parked wagon in attempt to regain the energy she was at loss of.

their brunette friend still ran up the grassy hill, struggling as her feeble and petite legs continued to pursue without giving up.

"come on mills ! you can do it !"
noah cupped his hands around his mouth, elevating his voice over the pitter patter of the rain.

"sucka !! you can do better than that slow ass !!"
this speech was the way that the redhead showed her encouragement for the girl.

"i'm coming ! hold your horses."
millie exclaimed, holding onto the skirt in her arms that hindered her movement

"you can do it, dais !!"
a voice called from inside of the carriage.

finn stuck his head out from behind the wagon, grinning widely as he watched the girl as she trailed closer to her destination.

"did she ask, finnlard?"
the redhead girl snapped, her face stern with sarcasm.

millie continued to run, her legs stretching immensely as she took her final steps, before reaching the top of the hill.

"took you long enough."
sadie teased the girl, wiping off the raindrops falling from her forehead that merely hindered her vision.