"Nothing can go wrong, the only one that is missing is Jack" I said to no one and I took a look at my phone to see that it was almost 5 and my husband still wasn't home. I dialed his number but it got straight to voicemail. " hey baby it's me. I just wanted to know if you are on your way home. Give me a call ok, miss u babe. Love you." I hung up after that and in the same time I hear the door unlocked. He was finally here, I practically ran towards the door and went to hug him but I was caught short when he stopped me.

"Happy anniversary baby, can you believe that we have been married for a year" I said to him and went to kiss him but he stepped aside and looked around.

"So this is how you waste your time and my money everyday? What do you think my apartment is, it looks like a freaking church with all this candles, do you want to burn my house or what"

I stood frozen in front of him, not believing the words that just came out of his mouth, it took me a minute to gather myself and understand why he was acting like this.

"Babe are you okay? Did anything happen at work today, is that why you are frustrated?"

"Great just great, now you think I am a child that you talk like that, even if I had a bad day and wanted to talk with someone it certainly wouldn't be you, since you wouldn't be able to understand a single thing I would say, but what can I expect from a college dropout."

"You know what, I spent hours trying to organize a romantic dinner for our anniversary and this is all I get from you. Calling me stupid and treating me like I am someone on the street that is begging you for money. I am going to my room, we can talk tomorrow when you have calmed down. Happy anniversary by the way, thanks for the romantic dinner." I turned my back to leave to our room when Jack grabbed my arm and pulled me towards his chest. I was expecting an apology but what I got instead were the words that shattered my world.

" I am sorry can you repeat that again, I think I misheard you"

"I said I want a divorce, you heard me fine the first time" he said and let go of my hands.

"B... But why? I stuttered, "I love you and you love me too, why do you want a divorce?"

"Look Nicole, just sign the papers tomorrow when we meet the lawyer and this whole nightmare of our marriage can end. You can have everything that I bought you and a fair amount of money. You can create a new life and be happy, I just don't want you in my life anymore"

"I don't understand when did our marriage become a nightmare for you? Until five minutes ago it was a dream come true to me. What happened Jack, give me a valid reason and I will sign those papers if you still want after that"

"Just do as a said as sign the damn papers tomorrow, I doesn't matter why." He yelled and I flinched. The Jack that I loved and knew never yelled at me or anyone else.

"Of course it matters why my husband wants to divorce me,what do you expect from me. Just to sign them and pretend,that we never happened that we never were in love?"

"That's exactly what I want" He scolded

"What the hell is wrong with you today, are you high or something because the Jack I knew would never behave like this, I am going to bed now, you can sleep on the couch and we can discuss this tomorrow" I turned my back again on him but just like before he grabbed my wrist and stood in front of me fuming, his eyes were full of hate for me and that broke my soul.

"Are you really this dumb Nicole? I said I want a divorce and you are going to sleep. You wanted reasons, I will give them to you. First of all you are to immature, you behave like a child most of the time, secondly you, the wife of a business tycoon, are a college dropout that doesn't have any idea what is going on in my world, you my darling have the brains of a blow up doll and while I was stupid enough to not see you for the real you in the beginning I am glad that I can see you for what you are now. I need someone strong and confident in my arm, someone who knows what 2+2 is and someone more mature, maybe someone like Jennifer my business associate. Just do both of us a favor and sign those papers tomorrow and in return I can generously recompense you. If you don't know how to sign you can out an x on it. Are you able to do that?

I wiped my tears not wanting to let this stranger in front of me see how much his words hurt me. He was literally a stranger because the Jack that I knew would never behave like this. He loved me while the Jack that I am facing right now looks like a killer to me because he just stabbed my heart and tore it apart.

"First you call me immature when you told me so many times that my childish ways were something you loved me, shh let me talk and just listen like I did with you" I said to him when he wanted to interrupt me.

"Then you tell me that I am ignorant and that I am a college dropout when it was you who told me to drop out of college and spend that time with you instead. While it is true that I know nothing about economics that doesn't make me stupid. I have an artistic side and I am proud of it. Then you call me a gold digger when you assume that I want your money. I don't want your damn money, I never did. If you are ashamed of me and feel like Jennifer is better suited as a wife for you maybe you should have asked her to marry your instead. Maybe you can do that tomorrow after I sign the divorce papers. Oh and don't worry I know how to sign my own name just like I did on the marriage certificate. Have a good life Jack" I said and I got out of the apartment. I don't even know how I was able to be that calm with him. I feel numb like I am walking in a nightmare and I am just waiting to wake up.

"Where are you going?" He called after me.

I turned around with a sad smile, and a tear stained face.

"Why do you care?" I whispered and turned my back and left.

Hi guys can you please support the story to be published by voting on it in INKITT. It's another website where I put the story and if I win they will give me a publishing contract. Please vote for it. The deadline it's next week and I am in the 23rd place right now. The link to vote is
http://www.inkitt.com/stories/61817 u can either copy and paste the link or you can just search Satirelover and vote for the story in the Swoon contest.