| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝 ➪ 𝐊𝐢𝐭 𝐅𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨 |

Start from the beginning

"The Empire has a weakness," Kota begins as Millie begins helping him find a seat, "They're building a grand weapon. It has firepower supposedly 20x stronger than a Star Destroyer, and has enough room to house their entire army. The core in the middle isn't completely protected yet. If we could get a ship in there and blow it up, they'd be very vulnerable."

"Are the Emperor and Darth Vader on board?" I asked as Serio climbed off my back and sat down beside me.

The old Jedi shrugged regrettably, "Unfortunately that's all the informant could give me. If we could get enough dedicated individuals, we could put a huge damper on their plans."

Looking over at Serio, my heart broke. I wanted nothing more than the world for my son. Revenge for his father's death. This plan could give me just that, yet, something held me back from a direct answer. I felt like Kit wouldn't approve of my reasoning behind my agreement— revenge isn't the Jedi Way, even when it's this scenario.

Pulling parchment from my pocket, I write down coordinates that I've kept memorized since the fall of the Republic. 20-345-8192. Master Obi-Wan Kenobi had given them to me. He never gave a clear answer to where they'd lead, but to trust my instincts the entire way,

"Once we get to these coordinates, I'll make my decision on whether I'll help or not," I replied, balling up the parchment and placing it in my pocket.

Kota scoffed and shook his head, "I risked life and limb to get this information to you, and that's the best answer you can give me?" he turned to face my old apprentice, a stern look on his face, "Your trust in your old Master is misplaced."

As Kota got up to leave, I placed my hand on his shoulder, "Kenobi gave them to me," I whispered, knowing that would catch his attention, "I'd like it if you came with us."

Stopping, he turned back around and sharply exhaled, "I'm not the same Jedi I once was. If this is dangerous, I won't be able to help."

"That's where we come in, Master," Millie chimed in, scooping up Serio into her arms, "I say we check out the coordinates. It can't hurt."

                      Although Master Kota couldn't see, I felt like he was looking into my very soul; like he was trying to view my intent. I wasn't too disturbed by that fact, because I was driven by keeping the Order alive, nothing else,

                      "Lead the way, then," the Jedi groaned, shaking himself out of my grip and allowing me to step in front of him.

Our ship wasn't the fanciest in the galaxy, but that was our intentions. It was a small transport ship, specifically used to blend in while we travel from our planet of Vanqor to Tatooine where we delivered the Gundark pelts, teeth, and hooves. Ironically, that's where we were headed to now.

I let Millie drive the ship, while Serio and Kota remained in the front. Placing myself in a desolate room, I turned the lights off and slipped into a peaceful meditation. Even the hyperspace sequence didn't phase me. I just wanted to know what we were getting ourselves into; both with the coordinates and the Empire's secret weapon.

The first thing I noticed was the sand planet of Tatooine. I could smell smoke and burning flesh. Then, a flash of blue against red— clashes of color sparking by. Death. Destruction. Then, peace.

Regardless of the Jedi Code, these coordinates would bring peace over the entire galaxy, and as a Jedi, that's my duty over all. Knowing this, it would be folly for me to ignore this potentially rebellion, and save my son from further grief.

Trying to shake myself away from the meditation, a familiar presence holds me in place,

"Trying to leave without saying hello, my love?" the long-forgotten voice questioned teasingly, "How is my son?"

I could see his soft brown eyes, as if we were still tied in the Clone Wars, and he was still by my side. I could feel anxiety wracking through my body, yet alongside that, comfort. Kit Fisto was okay, regardless of how his life ended,

"I named him Serio," I whispered, not removing my gaze from my husband, "I know you'd be so proud of him. He's showing signs of being a strong Jedi, even this early in his life." Cutting myself off, I take a sharp breath and continue, "I need to know. If I make the decision to join this Rebellion, will you support me? It is against the Jedi Code, but I believe it's something I must do."

Placing his forehead against mine, I forced back tears. His skin felt different; almost how steam feels against bare skin, yet it felt the same, "Darling, whatever you choose to do will shape the future for all the Jedi. I wouldn't put the Jedi's future in anyone else's hands. You're capable of making your own decisions, regardless of what the Council or the Order would've thought. Choose Serio's future."

Those last three words hit something deep in me with an iron hammer. Something just clicked, and I now truly know this is my destiny. Whatever, or whoever lies on Tatooine will lead us to victory against the Imperials, and I won't just do this for myself. I'll do this for Serio, Millie, Master Kota, and most importantly, Kit Fisto. Even through death, my husband continues to inspire me in ways I never would've believed.

June 24th, 2020
(Moved to Tumblr @ morgan_mwah)