Chapter Twenty-One : She's a heartbreaker

Start from the beginning

"I know how close you two were and I hate to think that you can't hang out with her anymore because of me.  I'll be all right, promise.  You don't have to worry about me.  I hate that you feel like you have to choose because you don't.  I know that you are still a good friend to me and now I'm being a good friend to you.  Go."

"Thanks Harry, I appreciate it.  Truly."

"Yeah, yeah.  Just do me a favour and tell her how great I'm doing since she broke up with me, yeah?"

Evelyn let out a laugh as a happy tear trailed down her cheek and she wiped it away.  

"Of course.  Couldn't let her know anything else.  You'll be fine, Harry.  Just fine."

"Thanks, Eve."

"Of course.  I'm always here for you, Haz."

After they ended their phone call, Eve let out a sigh.  Not long after they got back from their holiday, Chelsy unfortunately broke up with Harry.  This time for good.  Evelyn should have seen it coming but it threw her out of left field still.  When Chelsy had asked Evelyn when she and Wills were going to come out as a couple she had seen the worry and concern in her.  

It was November twenty-eight and a bit chilly.  Evelyn decided to wear black stockings along with a red suede skirt and a long sleeve black blouse.  She paired her outfit with some black booties and wore her blonde hair straight adding a bit more makeup to her complexion.  Eve finished off the look with spritzing on her favourite perfume.  Evelyn grabbed her parcel for Chelsy and left to go to the club.

*

The music was blaring and Chelsy was downing shots wanting to get wasted for her birthday.  

"Eve," Chelsy shouted at her friend as soon as she saw her and drunkenly walked to her throwing her arms around her neck.  "I'm so glad you made it."

Evelyn could already smell the alcohol on her breath but was excited to drink as it had been a crazy week at work.  

"Happy Birthday, Chels," Eve told her happily handing her the parcel she bought.

"Aw, thank you.  Come on.  Come meet the rest of my friends," Chelsy took Eve's hand and guided her to their table.  

"Guys, this is my good friend Evelyn.  Evelyn, this is Natalie and my good friend Gemma.  Lastly, my good friend, Noah."

"Nice to meet you all," they exchanged pleasantries and order Evelyn a drink which she happily takes.  

Everyone was downing shots as the club music was playing, Evelyn was dancing in her seat.  She loved to dance and let loose.  Chelsy grabbed Evelyn's hand and guided her to the dance floor as they danced and laughed.

After they became tired of it, they moved over to their seats and let out a breath.  

"I'm gonna go make a call I'll be back," Eve yells at Chelsy over the loud music.

Chelsy nodded her head and then went back to the dance floor as Eve made her way over to a quieter area although she was sure that during the phone call the loud dancing music could still be heard.  Of course, his mobile went straight to voice mail.  She had expected it as he was back at military training and they weren't allowed to properly have them.  Still, nonetheless, she left a voicemail anyway.

"Wills?" she shouted into the mobile.  "I know you won't hear this until you get back.  But," she sucked in a breath letting it out, pouting slightly.  "I miss you loads.  I haven't seen you in weeks and I miss being around you.  I wish you were here," she begins to cry due to being drunk.  "Lots has happened since you've been gone.  Did you know that Chelsy broke up with Harry?  I don't want us to break up.  Only two more months until I get to see you again, talk soon!"

It was a wild birthday, but everyone had loads of fun.  Evelyn stumbled in a cab as she didn't want to drive drunk.  She made it to her home and unlocked her door, feeling hungry and thirsty so she decided to make some dinner.  Looking through her cabinet, she got out some shell pasta and heated up her stove on the oven.  Eve waited for the water to boil a bit before pouring them in and then she also put some pesto sauce on.  This was one of her favourite dishes also to make as it was so simple but good.  Whilst she was making dinner, she was also drinking loads of water and took some pain medicine for the headache she knew would come in the morning.  

--

sorry for the shortish chapter, but i wanted to get something up.  thoughts?

  happy thanksgiving everyone!