Chapter 18

"So, what's the plan?" Rene asked as they all gathered in the bunker.

"We start making as much noise as possible to lure Malcolm out. Right now Star City doesn't even think any of us exist, let alone that we're heroes. We need to expose Malcolm as the maniac he is. And to do that, we need to draw him out." Oliver said.

"And how do we do that?" Thea asked.

"By taking out names on his list. Adam Hunt was a start, but he won't be enough to convince Malcolm that his plans are in jeopardy." Oliver said.

"But if we keep taking out his associates, then he'll come to us." John said.

"Exactly. Tommy, you need to maintain your cover in Tempest so we can know if any changes happen in his plan." Oliver said and Tommy nodded.

"What about the rest of us?" John asked.

"We divide and conquer. I'm going after Jason Brodeur, so Laurel, I'm guessing you can assume where I want you to be?" Oliver asked.

"I already have a meeting with Declan at Iron Heights tomorrow morning." Laurel confirmed.

"Okay, what am I missing?" Rene asked.

"Jason Brodeur's company has been dumping toxic waste into the bay. When Peter Declan's wife found out about it and threatened to blow the whistle, he had her killed and framed Declan for it. I'm going to clear his name and Laurel and Lance are going to work on stopping his execution." Oliver said.

"What about the rest of us?" John asked.

"John, I want you and Rene to take out Ted Gaynor. I'm sure you'll be more than happy to do that." Oliver said.

"Gladly." John said, remembering Gaynor's betrayal.

"What about Thea and I?" Roy asked.

"I want you two to deal with Martin Somer." Oliver said.

"Actually, I have a way that Tommy can help us." Felicity said.

"How?" Tommy asked.

"It took a lot of digging through the police digi files, but I finally managed to find proof connecting Brick to the murder of your mom. I'm sending it to Lance so that he can notify your dad. I'm sure that he'll be more than happy to let you take Brick down." Felicity said.

"You sure you don't mind that?" John asked Oliver.

"Brick tried to kill me while I was in prison and he was killed not long after I was released anyways. I see no reason to let him live." Oliver said, having no hesitation to remove another thorn from Star City. Especially one he doubted anyone would miss.

"Who killed him?" Rene asked.

"Stanley Dover. AKA, the Star City Slayer." Oliver said.

"Also known as your fanboy." Rene added.

"I'm sorry what?" Laurel asked.

"He was sent to Slabside while I was there. He played himself off as a victim who was wrongly incarcerated. It wasn't until the day of my release that I realized the truth about him. He's a dangerous psychopath who I am planning on putting behind bars myself once I find him." Oliver said, since Stanley was his problem and he intended to stop him as soon as he got the chance.

"So, I'll add him to the list of people I need to find." Felicity said, since Dover had tried to kill her too, and William, so she understood Oliver's determination to stop him.

"Okay so, let's move out." Oliver said as they moved to go their separate ways.

"Ollie, can I talk to you for a second?" Laurel asked.

"Yeah sure." Oliver said.

"Why do I get the feeling that taking down Brodeur is a little more personal for you then you care to admit?" Laurel asked and Oliver sighed, since no one had ever really known him as well as she did.

"Because it is. Brodeur took both of Izzy Declan's parents away from her. He had her mother killed and sent her father to prison. Reminds me of William." Oliver said.

"Your son." Laurel said.

"About a year after you died, William was drawn into this world and Samantha was killed as a result. He came to live with me. It wasn't exactly easy, but we came to appreciate each other, became a real father and son. Then I went to prison and lost all of that. I won't let Peter Declan suffer for a crime he didn't commit and I will reunite him with his daughter." Oliver said.

"Sounds like maybe you want to reunite with your son." Laurel said.

"Is that such a bad thing?" Oliver asked her and Laurel smiled.

"No, not a bad thing at all. It just proves that there's another layer to you that I didn't know existed." Laurel said.

"As much as I want to reach out to William, I also don't want to pull him into this world." Oliver said.

"I understand that fear, but at the same time, I think every kid deserves to know their father." Laurel said and Oliver sighed.

"I'll think about it. Either way, I owe my mother a conversation about that first." Oliver said and Laurel nodded her agreement at that.