Chapter 13

Felicity smiled as she got off the phone with Cailtin, since Caitlin had confirmed that she'd made the necessary modifications to the serum formula she'd sent her and that it should work to temporarily stabilize Thea's meta DNA and she was currently using it as a basis for a permanent solution, though right now, it was slow going until Thawne was removed the board.

Anyways, right now she was ordering mass production of the serum for QC Applied sciences division, since she wanted to be sure that they always had enough of the serum so that Thea wouldn't have to worry about running out of it.

However, she was driven from her thoughts when an alarm went off and one of her techs ran in.

"What's going on?" Felicity asked.

"Dr. Smoak, something's wrong with the stasis pod. It's life support systems are failing." the tech said.

"Get her out of there now." Felicity snapped.

"We can't. Something's wrong with the release mechanism. The pod won't open." the tech said as Felicity ran past her, since she knew without the life support systems of the pod, it wouldn't be long before Thea either froze or suffocated inside that pod and she did not want to be the one to tell Oliver that his sister died on her watch.

When Felicity arrived at the pod, she was confused when she heard some kind of screaming from it.

"What's going on?" Felicity asked, trying to determine how this malfunction could've happened, but the screaming she was hearing was deafening, and making it hard for her to concentrate.

"Will whoever is screaming please shut up?" Felicity said.

"What are you talking about Dr. Smoak? No one is screaming?" one of the techs said.

"What? It's deafening." Felicity said, before deciding to figure it out later, since right now, her priority was keeping Thea alive.

"Help me please." a voice said in her mind.

"Who?" Felicity asked.

"I'm trying to keep her alive, but I'm in too much pain to focus on that." the voice said and now Felicity realized what was going on.

She was hearing the pod's voice.

"Tell me what's wrong with you." Felicity said quietly, since she didn't want her subordinates to think she was crazy as the machine began telling her what was causing it pain and causing the malfunctions.

"The energy regulators are failing, the pod is receiving too much energy. Switch to backup power, it should decrease the amount of power in the pod's circuitry and cause it to resume functions." Felicity ordered her techs, who nodded, knowing better to question her as they just did what she said and lowered the energy output by the generators and sure enough, that cause the pod's life support systems to come back online.

"How are Thea's vitals?" Felicity asked.

"Her core temperature has started to drop below what's safe and her air supply is dropping. We may have stabilized the pod, but it's life support systems are running ragged." one of the techs said.

"Get her out of there. Now." Felicity snapped, trying to figure out what caused the malfunction in the first place, since she'd accounted for this variable before.

"Right away ma'am. We'll contact the Queens immediately." the techs said and Felicity nodded.

"Do we have a dose of the serum ready for her?" Felicity asked.

"Yes. We just finished synthesizing the serum and we've confirmed that the pod was able to slow the deterioration of her cells enough for the serum to work." another tech said.

"Get a dose up here now. By the time Thea wakes up, I want her to be completely stable so there's no need to put her back in the pod." Felicity said.

When Thea woke up, she found that she was freezing.

"What's going on?" Thea asked, her teeth actually chattering at how cold she was. She then realized that she was soaking wet and wrapped in blankets.

"Thea, calm down." Moira said as she then saw her mother, and brother standing on both sides of her in a hospital room.

"What happened? Why am I so cold?" Thea asked.

"Thea, there was a malfunction in your stasis pod. You nearly froze. Felicity managed to get it back online and get you out of there, but you've got a case of hypothermia." Oliver said.

"So now I can't go back into it?" Thea asked.

"Yes, but now you won't need to. Felicity managed to inject you with a temporary cure that should keep you stable for now, though you'll have to keep taking it on a regular basis to maintain your stability until we can find a permanent cure." Oliver said.

"So I'm done in that pod?" Thea asked.

"Yes Thea, you are. You can get your life back." Oliver said and Thea smiled.

"Oh thank god." Thea said as she noticed someone was missing.

"Where's Walter?" Thea asked.

"At QC talking to Felicity about what went wrong in the pod." Oliver said and Thea nodded.

"So, when can I get out of here?" Thea asked.

"Once your body temperature returns to normal." Moira said as she looked down at her daughter, so happy that she was alive.

Oliver smiled too, though he also knew that he needed to talk to Thea about not using powers too frequently until they could find a permanent cure for her. But for now, he was just happy that his baby sister was alive.