[008]

CHAPTER EIGHT.

AFTER everyone had finished their dinner, Maddie and everyone else sat at the table as they conversed and talked about the wedding

AFTER everyone had finished their dinner, Maddie and everyone else sat at the table as they conversed and talked about the wedding. But Evangeline couldn't bare to listen to it all so she went up to the bar that was in a separate part of the restaurant. She walks up the stoned stairs, eyeing up her surroundings as she takes in the beautiful views. The whole bar was placed on the grass as the whole empty roof top was filled completely with stringed fairly lights going in all different directions. She sits down onto the bar stool before she orders a couple of shots, once it arrived she picks one of the glasses up and tilts her head back to down the toxic liquid as it immediately burns her throat.

"Can I have one?" A deep voice behind her ask, she shifts her body around on the chair as she's turned to face the man that she once loved. She doesn't say a word as she gently nods her head, he sits down next to her as she slides over a shot glass on the counter. They both take the shot in sync, Evangeline soon squinting her eyes at the horrid taste. "Still can't take the shots can you?" Harry giggles, placing the now empty glass down before he runs his fingers through his chestnut curls.

"Guess not." Evangeline bluntly remarks, still not making any eye contact with the man sat next to her. The bar worker soon leaves the two of them alone as he notices he shouldn't be listening into their private conversation.

"Are we not going to talk about it?" Harry questions, crossing his arms onto the counter as he stares at all the alcohol lined up neatly on the wall just to focus his eyes on something.

"There's nothing to talk about Harry." Evangeline sighs loudly before downing another shot of burning liquid.

"We need to tell her Eva, the guilt is eating me up inside." Harry speaks quietly as he taps the empty shot glass, his metal rings making a small clanking sound every time he comes in contact with it.

"I'm not telling her. I don't want her getting hurt, she's happy with you and I don't want to ruin that." As much as it pained her to say that they should stay together, she knew that it was the right thing to do. She would eventually get over him, it would just take some time and she knew that.

"Fine if that's what you think is best." Harry sighs in defeat before turning to face the girl who's eyes are directed at the counter. He felt so bad that he made her feel like this but there was nothing he could do, he was marrying her sister in two days. He still cared about Evangeline dearly but he had moved on now, this was just how it was going to be from now on. Maybe if Evangeline decided to stay with Harry in Italy when they first met, they would've still been together to this day. But that was the past.