June 2020 - Interview with Evelyn Hail and Rainer Salt

Start from the beginning

Shapin-up the novella was so difficult for me!

When I write, the river of words just bursts out through the keyboard-finger dam.

I'm like in some kind of a bloody moon-walking trance! Puppet on a string, speed-playing the piano!

Two hours later, 2000 words have been laid down, but they are all Level 1 words!

Many of them to be improved, cut, re-shaped, better-worded. Grammar mistakes to be fixed...

On the road to Level 2... Tis is where the co-writing steps in!

Stretch yer arms.

Free-fall backwards.

Have no fear, your co-writer is here!

Always there to cyndilauper catch you if you stumble.

Elveloy : I've noticed there are a few entries for this year's ONC submitted by two writers in combination. Some of them, such as @InkandMagic have created a joint profile. Did you ever consider that option?

Rainer ☔️:

*whispers* I was afraid to move into a common profile with a beast so wild. *eyes 👩🏻‍🦰, hoping she hasn't heard him*

*clears his throat, talks more loudly* Maintaining a common profile is a hassle, so... we never considered it seriously. Wattpad should really add the possibility to share books among profiles. I clamored for this years ago, see the Chapter "Shared Books" of my Book "Dear Wattpad". But to my utter surprise, Wattpad didn't oblige. *grumbles*

Evelyn 👩🏻‍🦰:

*lets out a ferocious roar, which ruffles ☔️y's hair*

*clears throat*

*smiles sweetly*

Maintaining a common profile is a hassle, so... we never considered it seriously.

It was simply for the best for the ONC entry to sit pretty on my profile.

Of course, this was a commonly reached agreement.

There was no pressure nor coercion, whatsoever. *bats eyelashes, sips hot choc.*

Rainer ☔️:

*says nothing*

Elveloy (looks down and clears throat) : I see... your story, Mind the Gap, won 1st Place in Round One of the ONC 2020. Congratulations! How have you found this year's ONC?

Evelyn 👩🏻‍🦰:

I personally found it supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Akin to Diagon Alley, really.

Crossing the threshold into the magical world of the "ONC2020 Alley" fashioned a unique experience for me.

It made me wish, just like Diagon Alley Harry, that I had about eight more eyes! 💜

I would turn my curious head and my restless fingers in every direction as I walked up the ONC steps, trying to look at everything at once! Read everyone at once! ✊🏻

And so it was, truly enchanting. Beautiful colours waved at me from one entry. A hushed whisper, from another; a gruesome murder in a parallelverse splashing the screen red, lay in wait in a third one!

Novellas that harvested souls, novellas that descended to hellish pits, staircases that made you follow detectivesque endeavours while cackling mad with laughter...