Chapter 14

I laid in bed watching a movie by myself it was nighttime, the sky was dark only light there was were the stars and the moon plus the streetlights. I brought the beer bottle to my lips keeping my eyes focused on the movie. I could hear a police car in the distance but not to far, well i mean police cars fly by here all the time but i heard more, never ending. When you heard a police car there was only one or two at the most but not only officers, people. I had no idea what was going on. I jumped out of bed running outside seeing officers everywhere.

"What the hell?" I whispered to myself standing on my front porch. A officer i guess saw me in the distance and walked up to me.

"River Cohen?" He asked

"Yes." I replied looking at the flashing lights and crowds of people.

"Have you seen John Booker Routledge around here? i know you know who that is you guys all party around eachother" He asked calmly

"I haven't, No. Sorry." I replied.

"Oh that's alright." He said walking off

"Wait, May i ask what happened?" I asked curiously catching up with him.

"Wanted for the murder of Sheriff Peterkin. The kid is dangerous." The officer answered walking away, i stopped walking because i was in shock. John B? No way. I don't know him that well but i know he wasn't crazy enough to kill someone.

I went back inside, closing the door behind me. There is no way John B killed an Officer, i refuse to believe. After sitting on the couch thinking to myself for a couple minutes, the red and blue flashing lights peaking through the windows. There was a knock on the door, I turned my head to the door approaching it slowly.

I swung the door open to see Rafe, tears in his eyes he looked pretty fucked up if you'd ask me.

"R-River" He stuttered shutting the door behind him. Tears fell onto his cheeks freaking me out, i walked closer to him only causing him to step back.

"Rafe what's wrong?" I asked nervously starting to get worried.

"I did something bad, i didn't mean to it just happened." He sobbed, my stomach dropped even though he could be talking about anything. He looked disappointed in himself.

"What happened Rafe?" I asked him, he kept quiet no answer. "Rafe talk to me, your scaring me please."

"I didn't mean too, i just didn't think" He whispered.

"Rafe, what are you talking about?" I yelled, i didn't mean to he was freaking me out, ive seek Rafe breakdown but not like this.

He looked up at me, his blue eyes flooded with tears.

"I-I killed Sheriff Peterkin." He stuttered, i felt like throwing up. Tears released from my eyes.

"W-What. No. No. Please tell me your joking." I said backing up.

"River, i promise i just wanted him to love me, She was gonna shoot him i had to do it first." Rafe answered tears rolled down his cheeks, he could tell i was scared. I stayed silent looking the boy in the eyes as we shared the same painful look.

"I know Rafe, I know." I said tears racing down my cheeks along with my heart pumping out of my chest.

"I'd never hurt you River, you know that right?" He asked sincerely, this hurt me even more.

"I know Rafe." I replied

"You have every right to be afraid babe but please just know i love you." He said getting up from his spot.

"I-I love you too." I replied, i watched my broken boyfriend walk out the door taking one look back. My vision blurred from the tears in my eyes. I didn't wanna deal with it i didn't know what to do at this point.

I couldn't believe Rafe killed Peterkin, I loved him. I was scared. I walked back upstairs to my room, I looked at myself in the mirror. Tears stained cheeks. I sat on my bed, sobbing loudly since i was the only one home. i didn't know what to feel, what to think. Rafe killed Sheriff Peterkin just to show his dad the love he has for him. It broke me.

My Boyfriend, Rafe Cameron. Holy shit. Killed Sheriff Peterkin. I couldn't process it, it just was unbelievable i still loved him no matter what, i was scared for him and John B. John B because he gets caught up in this, now running from the police innocently. Rafe i didn't know what was gonna happen, where he went.

I laid my head on my pillow, tears falling off my cheeks onto the pillows, the room quiet only sound was me gasping for air and me sobbing. I always wanted the best for Rafe and i promised myself i was gonna do whatever i had to do just to save him. help him. heal him. I wanted to teach Rafe what love was something he never had, I've known Rafe since i was in 8th grade. I'm now 17 and he's 19. I wanted to fix this but it was to fucked up no fixing this one River.

The love i had for Rafe was to much for me to let go of, of course i didn't want to especially what just happened. I knew whatever was gonna happen next will leave me in shock or in pain, something i don't want to experience with a person i love the most. I wanted the boy i called my boyfriend to be happy but he was now living with fear and guilt but hey who wouldn't.

The End.