Chapter 2

"Come on" Rafe said as we stepped out of the car, we walked to the crowd and it was pretty crowded. really crowded.

"Did your sister come?" I asked

"I think so, she's probably with Topper. I'll help you look." He said

"It's fine, I just don't know a lot of people here" I laughed, I was lying. I knew most of these people all Kooks.
"I'm gonna go find Sarah"

"Can it Wait? She's probably drunk and you don't wanna hang out with me?" He asked grabbing my arm

"Fine but-" I was cut off when he handed me a red solo cup. "What's in this?"

"Just beer" he replied, I put the cup to my lips and downed it like it was nothing.

"River!" I heard a familiar voice yell from behind me. I turned my head to see Sarah. She ran over to me pulling me into a tight hug.

"I just saw you like 5 hours ago" I laughed

"I know it's just really boring come on" She said dragging me across the island as Rafe followed behind.

"Hey Topper" I greeted

"Hey Riv" He said

"Do you want a drink?" Rafe asked

"Please?" I said, he nodded and walked away. I continued Talking To Sarah and Topper.

"Here" Rafe held out the cup

"Thank you." I smiled and i pulled his arm away from the crowd, we walked down the beach. Our hands intertwined. As the moon reflected on the water. We weren't to far from the crowd but far enough so no one knew where we were. I sat down on the sand facing the water and Rafe sat down next to me. He laid down on the sand and once he got comfortable he put my head on his chest and ran his fingers through my hair, as time went on with us laughing and cup after cup we heard yelling from the crowd, i sat up and looked at Rafe. We both got up and sprinted down the beach to where the commotion was.

"Topper Stop!" Sarah yelled I looked to where everyone was facing and Topper and John B were fighting.

"Topper Stop!" I yelled, Topper soon had John B's had buried in the sand, I froze. JJ ran holding a gun to Toppers head.

"Yeah you know what that is!" JJ said

"JJ put the gun down!" Sarah and I yelled.

"Come on let's go" Rafe said grabbing my arm, we ran to his truck.

"Holy shit" I said, we talked about figure eight and Midsummers.

"Are you going home?" Rafe questioned

"Yeah, I have too" I replied

"You can stay with me" He said

"I don't know Rafe I gotta get home, I promised my dad" I said

"Yeah, Yeah." He scoffed.

"Bye." I said getting out of the car

"Bye" he laughed, I watched him drive away. I ran into the house.

"why river why?" I thought to myself, why was I so in love with this guy. I slowly walked upstairs. The house was quiet but that's because it was 1am. Opening the door to the bathroom, I got in the shower but the thoughts still racing through my head. After the shower i fell straight into my bright white sheets, something about tonight.