Chapter 8

The sun shining straight through my window, i sat up, groaning at the bright light, i rolled over to my night stand grabbing my phone and checking the date. Midsummers. Fun Right? Ugh.

I went downstairs, the house smelled good so i'm guessing Claire made breakfast.

"Well Goodmorning." Claire said, as i snatched a piece of blanket of the plate sitting in the middle of the counter. I smiled looking around for everyone else.

"Where is Dad and Daisy?" I asked

"Dad went to help set up for tonight, and Daisy i think she went with him." I laughed at her reply, i walked back upstairs to my room and sat down on my bed instantly checking my notification. A smile appeared on my face when i saw a message from Rafe.

"Goodmorning! I'm guessing i get to see you today. Ugh just my luck." The message read, i rolled my eyes a small laugh escaped my lips.

"Ugh. You again, don't worry not like i wanted to see you anyway" I replied, hoping he would text back quickly.

"Whatever you say Riv ;) and are you okay?" He replied, i laughed once again before answering his question.

"Yeah, why wouldn't i be?" I texted back.

"Just making sure." He said, i smiled at the message before turning my phone off and looking in my closet at the dress.

•Time Skip•

Finally we all left to go to mid summers, i had on the cream silk dress and some black heels. The last place i wanted to be was here tonight, the only reason i was coming was for Rafe if i'm being honest. We stepped out of the car and were greeted by all the other Kooks. I saw Sarah and Topper, i approached them but was stopped by someone pulling my waist from behind i turned around quickly, but sighed in relief to see Rafe

"Jesus, why do you always do that?" I asked

"I don't know it's funny" He said pulling me into a hug, i pulled back from the hug and walked over to Sarah and Topper.

"Hey Guys" I greeted

"Hey Riv" Topper replied

"Hey" Sarah exclaimed, Topper soon walked over and went over to Rafe and Kelce. After talking to Sarah for a little bit she disappeared, i glanced to see if Rafe, Kelce, and Topper were still standing where the were before but they weren't, i questioned it but no to much. Until i saw the chase JJ around.

"Shit'' i whispered to myself, before picking up my pace and following them. They ran into the men's room and i know i couldn't go in there but i had to, i had to stop them. if they have the chance they would kill JJ and i know that for a fact.

I opened the door feeling a little uneasy but i had to deal with it, i saw Rafe holding JJ in a headlock.

"Rafe Stop" I said, he quickly turned around looking at me.

"River." He said

"Shut the hell up, just leave it alone." I hissed, he let JJ go but Kelce had him, i wasn't in control of Topper or Kelce, but Rafe i don't know why but i loved him so much i felt like he was my responsibility. I grabbed Rafes arm as he followed.

"Where are we going?" He asked

"Home" I whispered

"But what about-" He asked but i cut him off

"Who cares, midsummers is shit anyways." I laughed, also earning a laugh out of him. We got in my car and soon we were at my house.

We entered the empty and dark house, i flipped on the main switch while walking to the kitchen. I pulled open the fridge grabbing a beer as Rafe gave off an uneasy stare.

"What?" I asked handing him one.

"Nothing, your just so calm." He chuckled.

I laughed at his words and took his hand leading him upstairs. We both fell onto my bed and stared at the roof in silence for a good couple minutes.

"Why'd you do that?" He asked breaking the silence

"Because i knew something was gonna happen, and if i'm being honest i care so much about you" I replied, silence fell once again.

"Do you even just think?" I asked

"Yes but is there a specific subject?" He questioned

"About getting out of here" I asked rolling onto my side where i was now face to face with him

"Yeah, Yeah i do actually. All the time." He said, i smiled.

"Me too." I said looking into his blue eyes.

"Why?" He asked

"Why what?" I questioned back

"Why do you like me? no one loves or likes me like you do." He said

"I don't know Rafe i just do-" I was cut off as his lips pressed gently against mine, the kiss deepened until i pulled back smiling.

"What was that about?" I asked

"Something i've been waiting to do since the 9th grade." He chuckled, my cheeks were now blushed with a dark red, i smiled at him. I don't remember anything after that except us talking and i'm guessing we fell asleep.

It was love, i think. I loved the boy since i was i first laid eyes on him and now i guess this is where it begins...