O N E

Present time.

Allowing the glassy edge to brush against my lips, I let my eyes roam the crowded dancefloor as loud electronic music played at full blast

Colorful neon lights flickered upon the pumped-up, sweaty bodies grinding against each other as the sweet taste of rum lingered on my mouth before I caught a glimpse of a seemingly blue-eyed girl swaying her hips to the vibrant beat, momentarily closing her eyes and delving into a knee-deep enjoyment only she came to acknowledge.

The annoying ringing sound inside my pocket made me shift my attention from the tempting scene in front of me to the highly-expected name displaying on my screen, one that I was slowly growing fed up with.

Guess some things never change.

"Yeah, dad?"

"How was the new business incorporation meeting today?"

"Good. I contributed $5 million in cash and hired a manager to run the business."

"What about the brokerage account?"

Combing a fistful of light-frosted brown curls in her hands, a confident, alluring smile tugged at the corners of her full lips.

"$3 million had been deposited into it. Bought a collection of high-quality blue-chip stocks."

"The profit?"

"Expecting them to generate $150,000 in pre-tax dividends each year."

Her perfectly-plucked eyebrows knitted together in irritation as she whirled around in her spot, attempting to pry off the stranger's hands sliding up her mini-skirt and violating her privacy.

"Very well, son. Drop by tomorrow, it's about time you show up. Let's spend some quality time together."

"Time is money. Isn't that what you taught me?"

Pushing the cold liquor down my throat with a hard swallow, I watched her struggle against the bastard's chest as he reached down to grab the black material, squeezing her bottom.

"Good you remember. Anyway, I'll hang up. Nefeli's waiting at the doorway."

Of course, she is.

The twenty-four-year-old gold-digger of a girlfriend he'd been banging for a few months now, tried to get me into bed a couple of times, using my company's money for a botox boob job and then taking a shot to seduce me with them. Ironical as it may sound.