P R O L O G U E

Three years ago

Standing upon the grave of your dead parents was probably the most excruciatingly agonizing feeling you'd ever have to endure. 

Wasn't it crazy how one's life can turn upside down in a matter of seconds? How someone could go from unbelievably happy to profoundly devastated real quick?

The fact that pretty much anyone's life could change drastically due to one phone call only is extremely overwhelming. That one unfortunate call that could shatter your whole life into tiny little pieces and make you drown in the pool of misery and despair.

My life was so normal a couple of days ago. So stable, so happy… now it looked like a bunch of wrecked ship parts, sunken in the depth of an inescapable sea. 

Inhaling a sharp intake of breath, I placed the delicately-scented white lilies on the grayish gravestone as a fragile teardrop cascaded down my cheek, reminding me of how awfully empty I was and making me wonder if things will ever be the same again.

✮ ✮ ✮ 

I know the character's POV here is pretty much vague but you'll get a clear vision of whom once the plotline starts to unfold.

Thank you if you are reading this book! I hope you enjoy the rest of it.♡