A significant amount of time must have passed since I fell asleep as Padme is now waking me up for landing. I groggily get up and make my way back to my copilot seat.

We come out of hyperspace and appear before Tatooine. From the mere colour of it from space, I can tell that Anakin was not exaggerating when he said it was just sand.

We land in a large parking lot of sorts filled with ships on the outskirts of Mos Espa. Anakin pays for us to travel to wherever it is we are going via a rickshaw. We travel for toward the small village on our way to wherever it is we are going. I feel sympathy for Anakin as we pass by places he undoubtedly recognises. This trip must be destroying him inside.

We stop in front of what looks to be a small workshop in the middle of the desert village. Anakin helps Padme and I down and requests that the droid driver waits for us until we finish.

I notice a rather dirty looking toydarian sitting on a stool within the shop. He speaks in a language I cannot understand.

"Excuse me, Watto." Anakin says as he walks toward the pitiful creature.

It says something back to him in its language. Anakin surprises me when he responds to it with the same language.

I don't understand any of the conversation until Watto drops a screwdriver. He speaks loudly with words I'm sure would only be curses. Anakin must offer to fix the equipment, as he takes it and begins tinkering.

Watto blinks with what can only be described as a surprise. I, on the other hand, was not shocked by Anakin's ability to fix it. He's Anakin, he can do anything. 

Anakin begins to speak again. I don't quite understand what he's saying but I do hear "Shmi Skywalker", his mother's name. Watto looks at him suspiciously before turning his gaze to Padme and I.

"Ani? Little Ani?" Watto asks, still unsure of his identity. When the equipment in Anakin's hand began to work, Watto had his confirmation. "You are Ani! It is you! You little womp rat."

Watto attempts to hug him but I can sense Anakin's unease. I step before him to prevent the child slaver from getting his grimy hands on the boy I love. If he so much as tried to touch him again, I would not hesitate to use the force to crush him. Watto decides to ignore my actions and instead continues to speak.

"You sure sprouted! A Jedi!" He exclaims excitedly "What do ya know? Hey, maybe you could help with some deadbeats who owe..."

"His mother." I rudely interrupt the disgusting creature. If I had it my way, we would force the information out of him in the cruelest way possible.

"Oh yeah, Shmi." He starts. I just know his next words are going to be bad. "She's not mine no more. I sold her."

"Sold her?" Rage fills Anakin's usually calm voice.

"Years ago. Sorry, Ani, but you know, business is business. Sold her to a moisture armer named Lars. Least I think it was Lars. Believe it or not, I heard he freed her and married her. Can ya beat that?" He explains.

The fact that Watto had the audacity to act like he did a good thing by selling Anakin's mother made my blood boil. Every word he spoke only made my rage intensify. I wanted to ignite my lightsaber and slice the vile creature in half.

Padme cautiously grabs my wrist. At first I am confused, but when I look down I realise my hand is already resting on my lightsaber hilt. Emotions truly do cloud your better judgement.

"Do you know where they are?" I ask Watto in a slightly calmer tone than before. We needed to find Shmi.

"Long way from here," Watto starts "Someplace over on the other side of Mos Eisley, I think."

"I'd like to know." Anakin steps before me to be closer to Watto. The grim look on his face is dangerous. His knuckles resting firmly at his sides have grown white from the ferocity of his clenched fists. Every word Watto spoke fueled a fire within him, and each passing minute was like gasoline. I'm afraid Anakin may explode in a fit of rage.

I am yet to see him like this.

"Yeah. Sure. Absolutely." Watto stutters in fear "Let's go look in my records."

The toydarian goes back toward his shop and Anakin begins to follow.

"Anakin," I call for him.

"I'll be fine, (Y/N). Just wait here." He answers my questions without me needing to ask them.

His dark Jedi robes disappear into the shop before me. If I could feel even the slightest bit of pain or distress from Anakin, I would have no problem with storming in there after him. For now, I anxiously wait in the hot desert suns of Tatooine alongside Padme and Artoo.

"That wasn't good, (Y/N)" Padme says abruptly, her eyes filled with concern.

"What?" I ask, genuinely uncertain of what she is referring to.

"You had your hand on your lightsaber. Don't act like you weren't going to hurt Watto." She says with a slightly patronising tone. I know she probably didn't mean to sound like that.

"It's not like I actually ignited my saber." I retaliate.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't having those thoughts alone completely against what the Jedi stand for? I'm not trying to lecture you, (Y/N). I just don't want you doing something you'll regret." It almost sounds like she's defending him.

"He's a child slaver, Padme. As a Senator, you should want less scum like him in the galaxy." My rage begins to overpower my judgement. I take a deep breath to relax. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean that."

"I know. Your feelings for Anakin are strong. I understand why you feel the need to protect him." She says.

As much as I hate to admit it, Padme's right. The impulse I had just minutes ago was completely against the Jedi Code. More so than the love I have for Anakin. I wanted to kill an unarmed being for unjustified reasons. I needed to get my emotions under control.

Anakin comes back out to us much quicker than expected. He doesn't say anything, only walks back to the rickshaw we arrived in. I take this as a sign that he knows where we need to go.

The droid driver takes us back to the starship and we quickly get it back into the air.

"So you know where we need to go?" I ask him curiously. He still hadn't said a word since he left Watto.

"I do." He smiles "I'm going to see my mother".