Chapter 3

"Take it easy. We need to get some answers out of this guy. Torture is fine. But the bastard needs to tell us how to get my brother back." Stefan grumbled sounding as though he were about to erupt.

"Caroline, did you deal with the plan? Is everyone ready with their part?" Margo asked.

"Yeah, Matt and Jeremy are waiting for us at the warehouse, Bonnie and Elena are on their way there and Alaric is still at Whittmore trying to find anything else he can."

"Perfect."

Damon had been missing for nearly two months. The only trace he'd left for his friends to follow was a short letter that he'd placed in the boot of his blue car that read "Malachai Parker sending me to his 1994 prison. Gemini Coven lunatic. Find me."
It wasn't much help to his rescue team. It was like telling someone to get them a brown bar of chocolate, or to pick the flower with the scent.

Their journey was silent apart from the whispers of radio and the sips they took from their hot coffee. The ring of Stefan's phone broke their brief peace. He immediately put it on loudspeaker for the car to hear.

"Rick, what'd you find."

"Not much. But I found this old Gemini coven chronology, and there's this story about a warlock who could steal other witches powers. The coven called him Spiritul Devora or Spirit Devour, because of how reckless and lethal he was. Stefan, this story dates back 40 years ago, which is how old this Malachai person is. If what I'm reading is true, Bonnie and Margo need to stay the hell away from him."

The silence in the car was back, but this time a grim one. Margo's stomach suddenly felt hollow.

"Um yeah, thanks Rick." Stefan answered sounding cautious, knowing that Margo felt uneasy. He hung up the call and held Margo's free hand.

"Don't worry. We're gonna get this guy. I promise we'll do our best to protect you and Bonnie."

She squeezed Stefan's hand for some comfort while thanking him.

"What do you think this Malachai guy looks like?" Caroline asked. "From what we know, I bet he has a wild hairdo." She added laughing, obviously trying to get Stefan and Margo to cheer up.

"No, I think he's gonna be bald with evil looking facial hair." Stefan joined cackling.

"Guys, come on. He's obviously gonna look like a more evil version of Mick Jagger, wrinkles and all." the three of them began to bawl out loud together, and it made Margo feel a little safe.

They arrived at the warehouse Jeremy and Matt had found, to carry out their locater spell with no distractions. Both Margo and Bonnie had learnt from previous experience that they had to locate Malachai together, because he was a hard warlock to find. Bonnie nearly passed out when she tried to do it alone. He seemed to have had a sort of magic repeller around him, according to Bonnie.

Margo, Caroline and Stefan got out of the car just in time to bump into Elena and Bonnie by the entrance of the rusty metal-covered building. It reeked of sourness and looked extremely barren. There was no way anyone could be around to find them at this place.

Bonnie looked calm and content, as if she were mentally prepared to complete their mission and get Damon back. Elena seemed completely staid and in control. They both appeared as though they weren't going to be playing around.

The groups of two and three greeted each other before entering the warehouse. There in the empty space, stood the two boys, Matt and Jeremy. They all joined together forming a circle in the centre of the sandy space.

"I'm going to go over the plan one more time. Bonnie and Margo are going to do the locator spell and find Malachai. Once we have his location, Jer you drive your car and bring Bonnie and I to him, while Matt drives Stefan, Margo and Elena." Caroline explained in almost one breath.

"When we get there, Elena and Jeremy are going to be staking out and guarding the perimeter incase he tries to escape. Stefan, Margo, Bonnie and I will go in for the grab and knock him out. Then, we'll bring him to Matt's car where Matt will be waiting to bring him back to the warehouse. All clear?"

Six of them hummed in agreement. Bonnie and Margo then began their spell, marking the beginning of their death mission.

They poured some salt on the map they'd placed on the ground and it began to move as soon as they started the spell.

"It's working." Bonnie whispered with her eyes still closed.

"Keep pushing. I can feel the energy fading." Margo replied.

The other five of their friends stood statue-like around them, waiting for something to work. The room was so quiet that the grains of salt gliding along the paper map could be heard.

Margo and Bonnie were linking hands while whispering chants. After a couple more minutes the salt stopped, and the witches stood frozen, staring at each other.

"What happened?" Caroline quickly said. "Did it work?"

Margo and Bonnie had the same looks on their face, as though they'd just been told of a certain doom.

"What's wrong?" Elena hesitantly asked, as if she knew the answer would be only bad news.

"He's... Outside."