⧼14⧽

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
ᴅɪᴠᴜʟɢᴇ

═══════════════╗CHAPTER FOURTEEN• ᴅɪᴠᴜʟɢᴇ •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

You push the door to your room open, annoyed at how Hoseok keeps delaying his story.

"Get out."

"What?" He asks, stunned, and you turn to face him.

"Hoseok, I'm confused as shit and you're not helping me understand anything!" You shout and he presses his lips together. "So if you don't want to tell me then leave."

"Okay, okay," He replies and lets out a soft sigh. "But I think you might wanna sit down for this story."

You roll your eyes and sit down on the bed. Hoseok walks over to the desk and pulls out the chair, spinning it around and setting it down in front of you. He sits as well.

"I don't even know where to start."

You shrug, "Start from the beginning."

"Well," Hoseok clears his throat. "It was fall 1976. My family and I had just moved back to Gwangju from Pohang."

"Hoseok, honey,"  Sasha calls as she carries boxes into the house. "Get your sister, please."

Hoseok jogs out of the house to see his little sister talking to a stranger at the end of the driveway. His eyebrows knit together and he walks over to them.

"Clem," He leans down to grab her hand. "Haven't we talked about stranger danger?"

"Yes," Clementine looks up at her older brother. "I'm sorry."

"Oh, don't worry," The stranger chuckles. "I'm not a bad guy or anything," He stretches his arm out to greet Hoseok. "I'm Kim Namjoon."

Hoseok shakes the boy's hand, "Jung Hoseok."

"Your sister was just telling me how excited she is to be living in such a beautiful house. I must agree since it's the best house in the neighborhood."

"Yeah." Hoseok answers dryly.

"So you're attending Gwangju High, right?"

"It's the only school close to us, isn't it?" He replies.

"Look, I'm trying to be your friend here. How about you tone the douchiness down a little?"