⧼12⧽

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER TWELVE
ᴛʜᴇ sᴇʀɪᴀʟ ᴋɪʟʟᴇʀ ғ ɢᴡᴀɴɢᴊᴜ

═══════════════╗CHAPTER TWELVE• ᴛʜᴇ sᴇʀɪᴀʟ ᴋɪʟʟᴇʀ ᴏғ ɢᴡᴀɴɢᴊᴜ •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

It has been two days. Two days since you last saw Hoseok. Two days since you found the mysterious box. You still hadn't opened it, too scared to, but you finally decided to look through it.

Setting the box on the desk and opening the cardboard flaps, you take out the old tape recorder and cassettes. After, you pull out the family album and tan folder, placing it beside the other two items.

You sit on the desk chair and pull the tan folder in front of you, the words 'confidential' stamped in red ink on the front. When you open it, there are informational papers with pictures paper clipped on the top right-hand corner.

Yang Mi Cha
Age: 17
Sex: Female
DOB: October 19th, 1959
Status: Victim
Cause of Death: Strangulation

The paper consisted of more information of the person, but you only looked through the important key points.

You look at the first picture of the young girl then flip it to the next. A startled gasp escapes your lips when you see a picture of Micha, but now she was a corpse, rope marks around her bruised neck.

You grab her case file and set it aside, looking at the next paper.

Lee Yun Hee
Age: 21
Sex: Female
DOB: May 31st, 1955
Status: Victim
Cause of Death: Gunshot

Just like the first paper, you look at her beautiful picture then turn to the next to see her dead with a gunshot wound on her forehead.

"Oh, God." You whisper.

The next few papers, you skim through. You couldn't take such gory things. After, you grab the family album, dusting off the front.

The Jung Family
정가족

You open the large album, a family photo coming into view. There was a mom, a dad, a little girl, and a little boy.

Everything about the family album seemed normal, but as you continued flipping through pages, it became anything but. You began to see as the little boy grew older, he started to look more and more like Hoseok.

The resemblance was a spitting image, but you knew it wasn't him. After all, the date the album was created read 1975. That's over forty years ago.