[I sure know now that life is a precious concept and should be treated with all the care in the world. My only hope is that we all can forget this traitorous war and live our lives to the fullest.]

Benjamin, Gabriel, Nathan, Samual, and I made our way back through the forest to the burnt home of the Martins. Susan and Magaret looked so devastated. Their childhood home burned to the ground. Their heads perked when they heard the leaves crunch beneath our feet. Magaret and William ran to their father and Gabriel. Susan ran over to me and wrapped her small arms around my legs. I was taken by surprise a little bit, but I bent down and hugged her back. I cupped her small cheek in my hand and asked "Are you alright Susan?" She nodded and wrapped her arms around my neck. I picked her up gently. She laid her petite head on my shoulder and started to drift off to sleep. 

Gabriel walked over to me and quietly said "Well, someone likes you." I chuckled softly and replied "I do feel like she needs someone. But didn't you mention your Aunt? Where is she?" He said "Charles Town. She has a house down there we all can stay at." I said stopping him, "I think I should go. I have put your family in too much danger. I don't want another one of your precious family members to perish." He put his hand on my arm and said "We need you more than ever. If my father wants to keep his family safe, he knows better than to let you go." I smiled softly and said "I would do anything for your family. So I will stay if you insist. But you have the right to kick me as well. Do. Not. Hesitate to get rid of me. I want nothing more than to ensure your families safety. Consider it my duty." He smiled and said "Well then. It is settled. You will travel with us to our Aunt Charlotte's house and we will talk about what to do when we get there?" I nodded and said "Thank you. Not only for taking me in, but allowing a second chance at your families safety." He smiled and said "Thank you, Delilah. It is a privilege to have you as protection. There is nothing I could thank you with."

Benjamin soon joined our conversation and said "Are you all ready to go? I assume you are coming along Delilah?" I nodded and smiled widely "It is an honor to be here with you." He nodded in approval and said, "Well then, let's get moving." We all gathered our things, took some horses, and went to their aunt Charlotte's.

I put Susan in the wagon with Margret and William. I got on my horse and rode alongside Gabriel in the back. We were slowing down and he notice I was feeling a little bit on edge. He said, "Are you alright Delilah?" I quickly hid the distress of my appearance and smiled. "Yes of course." He gave me a sad look and said "You can tell me if you would like." I nodded and slowed down my horse a little more. He did as well. 

We were now trotting at a slower pace and I said to Gabriel "Gabriel, I'm afraid. What if the Red Coats come back for us? That colonel was ruthless towards Thomas. I'm just so scared of what he will do next." Gabriel put a comforting hand on my shoulder and said "I understand your fear. And I feel the same way. Trust me." I smiled weakly as he kept his head forward. I said "What made you join the military? If you do not mind me asking of course." He looked over to me and grinned a little. He replied "It was the day that South Carolina voted to go to war with England. He said I was to wait, but there was no time. I needed to serve my country if it is the last thing I do. I nodded in understanding. 

It was silent the rest of the way to Charlotte's vegetation. (I forgot what I wrote so if it was the house in Charles town that I said, it's not anymore! Its the vegetation house that they flee to!) I wanted so badly for someone to talk. I couldn't stand the silence. The trotting of the horses was a pounding I could feel in my chest. Thump, thump, thump. Over and over again. My conscious was yearning for the buzz of chatter from the children. Or anyone at this point. 

My overthinking distracted me enough to not notice that we were at our destination. It was a beautiful french style house with an exquisite white door, with a green leafy wreath hanging in front of it. It felt like home before we even stepped inside. When we arrived at the front of the mansion, a woman about the age of 30-35 stood at the stairs. She was mesmerizing. Her dress was exquisite almost making me jealous of her wealth. Sure my family had a large house, but we did not have the luxury of having beautiful dresses and nice trinkets. 

We got off our horses and out of the carts and up to the door to their Aunt Charlotte. I stayed further behind to ensure all of the children get inside safely. Gabriel had stayed back with me. He sure was not one who had talked to women before. It was quite amusing actually. He was kicking a pebble on the ground as we walked. It was unintentionally passed over to me, so I kicked it as well. We both chuckled and he said, "I don't know if I have had the opportunity to say thank you yet." I smile and said "Both you and your family have thanked me enough. It is the least I could do after letting me tag along with you to your aunt's home. It is me who should be thanking you." He slightly looked over to me from the corner of his eye. I caught a glimpse of his cheeky smile which made me grin even more!

I was brought out of my thoughts when Gabriel said "Aunt Charlotte! It's so good to see you! This is Delilah. She will be staying with us for the time being until my father and I go back out." I quickly said "And I as well. I will be helping too."  She smiled and nodded. She looked down at the children and said "Hello children. Oh my god, what have you been feeding them?" Benjamin said "Oh it's strong stock. On their mother's side obviously." I looked over to Gabriel who I hope was thinking the same thing. Benjamin and Charlotte would be wonderful together. Having a mother figure for Susan would be great. 

Charlotte quickly said "Come, children, I have some things for you. Come in come in." All Nathan and Samual said in unison  "GIFTS!!" They all ran inside and pushed Benjamin into Charlotte. Benjamin said to Gabriel and I "Watch them. Make sure they don't break anything." We all chuckled and we both walked inside to watch the kids. 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

Hey Sharkies! Sorry, this one is late too. I just got into summer vacation so I will have a lot more time than when I was in school! I hope to have chapters 7-10 (*HOPEFULLY* NOT A PROMISE) written in the next 2 weeks. It is quite a bit, but I am going to try my hardest to continue this story!! But in the meantime, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and see you next time:D

-Skye☁☼