"Uh..." I say as I glance over my shoulder at Sebastian. He gets up off the couch couch and places his mug on the ground, "Dad, this is—" 

"Sebastian Mercer, sir." Seb introduces himself as he hurries over to the kitchen with his hand extended towards my father, "It's a pleasure to meet you." 

"Mercer? Oh yes, my daughter talks about you all the time." Dad grins cheekily as he shakes Sebastian's hand. He chuckles as I groan and face palm, "Oh, I'm only teasing Kara. And that's a firm handshake you've got there." 

Sebastian awkwardly clears his throat and nods, "Uh, thank you sir." 

"Are you staying for dinner?" Dad questions as he already begins unloading the cartons from the plastic bags, "We always order double the amount anyway because then we can just have left overs tomorrow night." 

"Uh, it's fine I don't want to be a bother or anything." Sebastian explains as he scratches the back of his head, "I should be going now anyway." 

"Nonsense, I love getting to know Kara's new friends." Dad waves through the air as he pulls plates from the cupboard, "I've already met Auggie and I've been wanting to meet the rest of you." 

Sebastian obviously had no clue what to say and to be honest, I didn't either. He glances at me over his shoulder and I sigh before giving a short nod. 

"Uh, okay." Seb agrees with a small, soft smile. 

"Great. Kara, set the table for our guest." Dad waves me into the kitchen and I roll my eyes. 

"Dad, he's my friend not royalty." I huff as I shuffle into the kitchen and begin to pull out the tan placemats. 

"Well it's not everyday you get to meet a Mercer, is it?" Dad chuckles as I grumble under my breath and walk over to the dining table beside the kitchen. Sebastian joins me a few moments later to help me. 

Soon, we were all sitting around the table enjoying the Chinese take out. My father dearest took it upon himself to share all the embarrassing stories of my childhood which Sebastian found absolutely hilarious. 

And I knew that asshole would be storing them up for future blackmail.

✤ ✤ ✤ ✤

 Sebastian was laughing his damn ass off as we walked to wear his car was waiting for him on the curb. 

"Shut up." I roll my eyes and playfully shove him but I couldn't help but laugh too, "You tell anyone and I will rip your intestines out through your belly button." 

"I just can't believe you got stuck upside down in a baby-swing." Sebastian laughs as I notice his driver step out of the car, walk around it and open the back door, "At least you were wearing underwear when your teacher pulled your pants off in an attempt to get you out." 

"Yes because my sponge-bob underwear was so much better." I roll my eyes as we come to a stop in front of the open door. 

"Fuck, I haven't laughed like this in a while." Sebastian says as his laughter starts to sober. He runs a hand through his hair as we face each other, "Thank you, Kara. For everything today." 

"You're welcome." I nod with a small smile, "And Dad said you can come over anytime you want. Auggie is basically here everyday so it would be fine." 

Sebastian nods, "I know. He brags about it to all of us." 

"Of course he does." I roll my eyes, "That boy will brag about lightning shit on fire—" 

Suddenly, Sebastian wraps his arms around me and pulls me against him. His head dips down and I could feel his hot breath on the side of my neck. I blink up at the night sky for a bit before my arms slowly come up and I hold onto his waist of his coat. 

"What are you doing?" I whisper as I quickly glance at his driver. The driver clears his throat and instantly averts his gaze. 

"I'm hugging you, Kara." He says and I go to step back. He holds onto me tighter, "Just a little more...please." 

He sounded so desperate that it made my heart crack slightly. 

"Ugh, fine." I sigh heavily like it was annoying me when it had the exact opposite reaction. I wrap my arms around his waist and press my cheek against his shoulder. He smelt really good two ,like very expensive cologne. 

Eventually he lets me go and gets into his car without another word. I step back as the driver shuts the door and I wave at the tinted windows. I probably looked like a complete idiot because he probably isn't even looking at me. 

So instead, I pretend that I'm waving at me reflection like the weirdo I am. 

I wait until the black Chrysler drives off before I turn and walk back into my apartment complex. 

Dad was washing the rest of our dishes when I walked into the apartment. He glances over his shoulder at me as I kick off my shoes and place them on the shoe rack near the door. 

"What kinda car did he get into?" Dad asks with a small smile as I push the sleeves of my sweatshirt up my arms and join him by the sink. 

I shrug as I begin to dry the clean dishes, "A Chrysler." 

"Nice." He smiles as I roll my eyes at him, "I like him. He's a good guy, Kara." 

"I know." I nod with pursed lips as I pick up another plate. 

"But are you so sure about the whole friend situation?" He asks as I glance up at him with a confused frown. He laughs at me, "Oh come on. Don't you see it?" 

I shake my head, "See what?" 

"Kara, he looks at you the way your mother use to look at me." Dad says silently as my heart instantly squeezes and I gulp, "But then again, I lost a contact at work today and forgot my glasses." 

"Yup, it's definetly your blindness." I say, feeling my cheeks heat up as I continue to dry the dishes. 

kara's dad is honestly such a sweetheart

i honestly love being evil and seeing how confused everyone is. it's what makes writing so fun and reading all of your comments. 

i feel like making a poll or something to see where people's hearts lie or something. 

and this update's fanart is by namelessazre

or her instagram handle is erzag

anyway, let me know what you guys thought of this update!