part xii.

The Briarwood music room was always empty during lunchtimes

The Briarwood music room was always empty during lunchtimes. Most students fled the school in search for exquisite cuisine or just a simple break. Those who stayed either flocked to the school dining hall, the library or the courtyard. 

I, however, stayed here. It was my happy place, surrounded by so many beautiful instruments. And now it had become a little more happier with the new addition of two more. 

"Hey Sebby," Auggie says from where he sat at Mr O'Flanagan's desk, eating sushi from a ceramic china platter. He holds up a piece with his chopsticks and scrutinises the pink salmon on top of the rice, "Do you think fish get angry?" 

"Do I look like fucking national geographic to you?" Seb scoffs from where he stood on the top level of the floors, staring out one of the windows at the ground below. 

"I think they get angry." Auggie decides for himself as he throws the sushi piece in his mouth and chews. He pauses when he sees me staring at him with a small amused smile, "What's your opinion, Kara?" 

"I don't really have one." I shake my head from where I sat at the piano and glance down at the keys, "But I'm sure all creatures have the ability to feel anger." 

"I've never seen you angry, Kara." Sebastian smirks at me from across the room, "Do you blush like you do when you get flustered?" 

"I don't blush." I scoff as I glance at Auggie to see him chuckling silently at me, "I don't!" 

Auggie puts his hands up in defence, "I never said anything." 

"Well, I think it's cute when you blush." Seb replies cheekily as he turns and walks towards me. With the afternoon sun filling in through the windows behind him, it gave him a certain golden halo. He looked like an angel coming to save me from this shithole of a world. 

"And I think it's cute when you shut up." I retort with a smirk of my own as Sebastian snorts and runs his tongue over the bottom of his lip in amused frustration. I then glance over at Auggie who's cheeks were adorably puffed out with rice, "Why are you guys here anyway?" 

"I told you, we're here for lunch and a show." Auggie explains with a small shrug, "You're the main act." 

I roll my eyes and run my hands over the keys of the piano, "I'm not a juke box, Auggie. But I mean, if we're talking money then I wouldn't exactly be opposed to playing for you." 

"Smart girl." Auggie smirks at me as I press on every key along the piano and Sebastian takes a seat on the leather bench beside me. He takes his hands out of his pocket and places them on the keys. 

"I can play too." He says with a smirk as I glance from his hands up to his turquoise eyes. They reminded me of those widen lagoons that many travel-bloggers search for all over the world. They were almost magical in a way. 

"Oh yeah?" I ask as Sebastian nods with a cocky smirk. He then starts pressing keys with one finger. I then laugh when I recognise the tune, "Yankee doodle, seriously?"