part v.

The tour of Briarwood Prep was going great except for the fact it was a gazillion degrees and I was sweating out of places I didn't even know could sweat

The tour of Briarwood Prep was going great except for the fact it was a gazillion degrees and I was sweating out of places I didn't even know could sweat. I had shed my blazer long ago and I was really wanting to get rid of my socks. Even though they were sheer, they came up to about mid-thigh and were black.

Thankfully, our tour guides decided to give us a break and we all spread out around the courtyard while enjoying complimentary snacks of fruit and muffins. It reminded me of my freshman orientation tour at my old highschool with stale cookies and pulpy orange juice. 

"Okay, but what if snakes in our country could fly?" Ashton Baldwin questions as he sits beside me while we eat our snacks. I had made a few friends with the seventh-graders in my tour group. One of them being Ashton who had the biggest and brightest personality ever.

I swallow the bite of muffin while peeling back the paper holder, "I would leave the country." 

"Really?" He questions and I nod, "I would love to see flying snakes. They would be like tiny flying angels." 

"yeah...of death." I scoff and he starts laughing while eating from his plate of fruit salad. I don't know how I ended up making so many friends with all these young kids—but I think it has something to do with the fact that I had the same mental age as them. 

Our tour guides were one staff member and two senior students. The two girls that were leading our group didn't even acknowledge me when I tried to introduce myself. Hence why I was now eating a muffin with my new best friend, Ashton. 

"I'm finished." Ashton announces as I look down at his paper plate to see he was indeed finished. I put my paper wrapping on his plate before grabbing the pile and standing up. 

"I'll go put it in the trash." I explain as he gives me a thankful smile. I walk across the courtyard, feeling the slight breeze ripple through my thin blouse. As I place the rubbish in the metal bin, I turn around to walk back when I notice two familiar bodies walking across the courtyard. 

Everyone seemed to be entranced by them and I was too. Both of them looked fresh off the runway the way they walked across the space like they owned it. I forgot how breathtakingly beautiful both of them were and it hit me like a freight-train to the stomach. 

Oh god, here comes the muffin. 

Auggie walked with one hand in his pockets in a very fashionable pose and Quinn held his blazer draped over his forearm.He runs a hand through his ashy brown hair as his blue eyes lock with mine from across the courtyard. I was frozen under his intense stare until Auggie's face got in the middle of our staring-contest. 

"Kara!" Auggie waves at me as he rushes over to me. I tense up as he wraps his arms around my shoulders, almost bowling me over with his weight, "I missed you so much!" 

Quinn joins us eventually with his usual blank stare. My gaze moves past him to where our two senior student tour guides were standing by the snack table, whispering to each other while staring over at as. Aha! Take that you snooty bitches. All you had to do was smile and say hi, I didn't ask for much.