I pull my fingers from his face, "Shit—sorry—I wasn't thinking—" 

"It's fine." He says as he grabs my wrist. He lifts it to his mouth and sucks the marshmallow off the pad of my thumb with his soft lips, "Thank you." 

I clear my throat awkwardly as I pull my hand away. I bring my knees up to my chest, rest my socked feet on the edge of the sofa and my mug on top of my knees. 

"Why did you come here today?" I ask as I stare across the living room. The plant in the corner was better than staring at Sebastian's fucking stupid face. 

"I...I don't know." Sebastian says with a small shrug and the movement catches my attention. I tilt my head to the side as I stare at him with a small, curious frown, "I just didn't want to be home today." 

"Why?" I ask as Sebastian glance down at his mug, "You can talk to me, Seb." 

"Uh...my parents are home for the first time in a fucking while and are just starting some unnecessary bullshit." He explains with a clenched jaw. His expression suddenly changes and in place was his fake smile, "But I don't need to unload all of that on to you." 

"Well, I'm not a therapist or anything—god knows I need one—but I'm pretty sure talking about your feelings is better than keeping them inside." I explain with a small shrug and lean back against the sofa. 

"When did you become so wise?" Sebastian scoffs as I grin cheekily at him, "I don't want you getting involved with what's up here, Kara. But just know that I came here because you make me feel like I can finally breathe." 

"Awwww, are you calling me a breath of fresh air?" I scoff sarcastically but my giggling sobers when I notice the very serious expression on his face. 

"Yes." He nods and my eyes widen as my brain becomes the literal embodiment of the spinning wheel of doom, "You make me feel cared for. I don't feel like that a lot so it's nice." 

I nod with a small, soft smile, "Of course I care for you. I care for all of you because that's what friends do." 

"Ha, friends..." Sebastian scoffs as he focuses on running his fingers around the rim of his mug, "You're so blind that it's adorable." 

I frown in confusion, "What do you mean?" 

"Nothing." He shakes his head, "Just stay like that, okay? For all our sake, please stay like that." 

"Uh...okay?" I ask with eyes narrowed in suspicion. Were we not actually friends? Were all of them just playing a massive prank on me. I swear to god if they are I will murder all of them in their fucking sleep. 

The sound of the door opening catches my attention and I put my mug down on the coffee table. I stand up, adjust my the waistband of my pants and I glance around the corner at the front door. Dad was making his way through, his backpack slamming against the door frame while he held two plastic bags in his arms. 

"Bad news, they didn't have any honey-soy chicken." Dad explains as he walks towards the kitchen, "But good news, we got an extra box of fried rice for free." 

He places the bags on the kitchen island block and slips his black backpack off his shoulders. He then takes his faded orange rain jacket off. It clashed horribly with the vivid blue of his nurse's uniform but he likes it because its his two favourite colors. 

"Have you been making hot chocolate? And you didn't even make me some. What kind of daughter did I rai—" He pauses when he finally glances into the living to see Sebastian awkwardly standing half way off the couch, "Oh. Hello."