14: Family Matters

Sorry its a short chapter, I just graduated which is great! I am so excited for my life to begin XD(I sound like Rapunzel). More chapters are coming, more books and writing are coming, I am going to update my youtube channel soon hopefully. Might revamp some things but I am so ready for more of my life to begin. I am so excited to have more to come. 

--------------------------------

Asher was set between Carter and Alex for dinner, Anika continued to watch him. She glared at him, she was still upset with the things he had said and done earlier. She also noticed Carter was more interested in Asher than his wife, which was confusing to her. She questioned if Carter knew himself, Carter had always been an odd child. He had always fit into the family better than she had expected due to him not being her birth child. Harlee seemed to be weaker, but he was getting better at adjusting to the lifestyle itself.

She smiled looking over her daughter and daughter in law, Kayla smiled as she helped Star get food on her plate. Star grinned as she placed different parts of the meal onto her plate, she giggled as she picked up some of the meat and a cookie. "We made the cookies mommy." Star said showing the cookie to Kayla.

Kayla smiled, "this is wonderful."

"Do you want to tell your grandparents the surprise?"

Stars eyes grew wide with excitement and she stood up on her chair. "Im gonna be a big SISTER!" She shouted loudly, Jace and Anika looked to one another then to Kayla with a smile.

"You're pregnant?" Anika asked with a smile."

"I am, and I am more than excited to bring more life to this family." It will be a wonderful experience i am sure, especially with Star there as a big sister. And Harlee, Harlee is more than excited to be a father." Harlee nodded with a big smile on his face.

"I am so excited to have this child with Kayla." Harlee said with a grin. "Star is more than excited to be a big sister as well."

She smiled wide and nodded as she scarfed down her food. Jace and Anika couldn't stop talking about the baby that was coming to the family, they were excited for her to be a mother to her own child as well as Star. Anika smiled looking at Star and Carter knowing they both have and will continue to grow into this family.

If Carter could handle it, Star could too.

Kayla had been so fast to accept everyone and their way of life. Anika questioned what life she had before all of this. Was she a part of a cult before them? What was her life before? That was all she wanted to know about Kayla, who she was before hem.

She knew her husband would be upset about asking her about her past however. Jace was very adamant about how their lives are only about the ones they begin with their family. Their old lives, they no longer existed. She let out a sigh as she ate her food, the rest of the family continued to talk about Kayla and her future baby, Carter handed Avery off to her to let her snuggle the baby.

Valery kept her mouth shut but didn't take her eyes from her child. She loved her baby, and never wanted to see something bad happen to her daughter. She didn't want any one to do anything to her, she had a hard time letting Carter hold her let alone anyone who she couldn't keep close eyes on

She kept her eyes on Asher as well, she was very protective of him even though he was an adult she still knew about how quickly he was breaking. How hard it was for him to deal with everyone within the home, she wasn't paying much attention to the others in their family. Her family was Avery and Asher, and she needed to help them. She wasn't a captive animal, she was a captive but she wouldn't stay stuck. She wanted to stay safe, she wanted to stay alive, and she wanted to make sure that both of them could as well. She prayed that Carter would never do anything too Avery, but at this point she would never know.