13: The Perfect Batch

I thought I would give you all a cookie recipe today because we all know Anika is the cookie queen. > https://joyfoodsunshine.com/the-most-amazing-chocolate-chip-cookies/

================================================================================

Asher cried as he was carried into the house, Alex and Valery noticed the girl he was carrying along with Asher. "Whos that?"

"The final member of the party that we are having for dinner." He said lifting up her leg, she wasn't dead yet, but was laying limp as he lifted her up by her ankle. He set Asher down carefully, Carter's breath hot against his skin as they parted.

"Oh. I see, and what about Asher?"

"Hes fine. Aren't you Asher?"

Asher stood looking him over with a nod. "Yeah, of course..I..I am ju..just fine." He managed after a few minutes of contemplation with what to say." His lips curled into a frown, Alex stood looking him over, she stepped forward coming close to him.

"I heard you weren't very kind to my mother." He coward backward as she grabbed his arm roughly, her nails sinking into his skin leaving crescent moons, they began to pool with blood but only slightly. He lowered his head.

"I was wrong to have done it." Alex smiled hearing him speak, she hoped he was broken. Carter's eyebrow arched seeing his quick change, he was devastated he didn't escape. Carter smiled, hoping he was really broken and wasn't just faking it all, however he thought the same for his wife. Yet she left him and slept with Asher and wanted Asher to be hers instead of himself. He was still bothered, but understood the sentiment on Asher. He was a handsome man, and was good in a sexual situation. He was obviously good with children, and liked babies.

Carter shook his head and dragged the girl towards the kitchen, he laid her in the freezer.

Asher lowered his head feeling bad for the girl because he knew she still had a small heart beat and would now die by freezing. Not only had she lost her friends and possibly family but now her life. She was stabbed, and now would freeze.

He wanted to save people rather than kill and eat them. Alex reached out with her arms outstretched, he realized she was trying to hug him. He took a sharp intake of breath and did as she asked following through with the embrace. Anika smiled watching how willing he was to hug her. "Glad to see the change in your attitude so quickly, would you like to help me and Star make some cookies?"

"I..I.. uhm.." He looked to Alex who smiled with a nod. "I can do that."

Alex patted his head, Valery noticed the look of hesitation in his face, the tears he struggled to keep in. She smiled to herself realizing he wasn't gone, he was just biding his time. She remembered the nights he would wake up screaming in panic. Or how he would make sure the door was locked multiple times before he would go to bed. How he made sure every window was closed, how even the lightest movement in the middle of the night, or Avery's screaming would wake him in tears.

She watched him walk into the kitchen with Star bouncing after him. He took a deep breath as he looked around the kitchen, Star was so young yet the blood and body parts didn't seem to worry or bother her. He had a hard time keeping his breakfast down looking over the blood, he let out a slight whimper as he helped Anika find the supplies hey needed for the cookies.

Star sat on the counter and watched them as they collected the any things they needed to make the best cookies Star had ever had, once she noticed the chocolate chips her attention turned from making cookies to eating chocolate. She snatched a few as hey began to mix the ingredients. Anika smiled watched Asher and Star mix and roll the dough. He was going to be a good father to her grandchildren one day, all she needed was for him to get Alex pregnant. She knew he had ran away, and that just wasn't something that was okay.

She was still bothered by earlier, but she shook it off. He would be fine, she was sure of it. She watched them over with a smile, he would hopefully be a good fit for the family. She blamed it on the fact he wasn't chosen by a parent, but neither was Kayla and she was great.

As Asher made the cookies he realized what he had to do, he had to be just like them. The perfect batch, he needed to have a well made and done exterior, while his insides were mush, like a cookie he needed to be soft, but not crumbly. He gulped as he watched the cookies rise. He wondered how long it would take him to be devoured, cookies were hard to ignore. He was hard to ignore, and he was unable to prevent anything that was happening to himself.

He let out a soft sigh as he watched Anika, she was smiling cuddling up with Star. Hugging her carefully and lovingly, she turned and smiled looking to Asher. "They are looking good." Anika said with a grin, he nodded hoping she was being kind to him. He assumed if she wasn't angry his life would be a bit easier, the evil within the family was obvious.

He knew Anika was once like himself, once real. He wondered how long she screamed, how many sleepless nights she had. How many nights she cried, and how many times she fought. He looked her over, the blonde hair was now graying. He wondered what she looked like as a child, or even right before she was taken. They were the same, but she fell to the madness and all he wanted to do was survive past it.