8: Never Escape

He scrubbed his body raw, the soap wasn't doing enough for him. He needed to be clean, he needed to feel clean. He was broken, he felt he was falling apart. He filled up the tub and kneeled down, he stuck his face into the water, after a few seconds he screamed. Bubbles floating to the top of the tub.

He felt a hand grabbing his hair and pulling him upward, it was Alex.

"What are you doing?!" She screamed cupping his cheeks looking him over to make sure he wasn't hurt. "Were you trying to drown yourself?!"

"No. I wasn't..I was just screaming.."

"Screaming..in the water?" She scowled looking less then pleased with the answer, he knew she didn't believe him.

"Yes."

She looked him over, her eyebrows knitted as she looked him over, water dripping from his skin. "Why?"

"Makes me feel better sometimes, can I.. finish?" He looked himself over motioning for the tub.

"Under supervision yes." He tried not to roll his eyes as she sat on the counter crossing her leg over the other. He finished his shower with her studying every movement. His wounds were healing surprisingly well, he caught his reflection in the mirror and stopped before he got out. Scars and bruises littered his body, his back etched with the name of the women in front of him. He would never escape her, he would never escape them.

His nightmares were there even when he opened his eyes.

He didn't know how to react, he didn't know how Kayla was so happy with these people.

"I want.. I want to ask you something."

"What is it?" Alex asked as he got dressed. "I shouldn't allow questions but I will if you are good."

"Why..why does this make..does this make you happy?"

She cocked her head to the side. "What? Why does what make me happy?"

"Killing, kidnapping, forcing.....forcing me to love you."

She caught his wrist as he went to adjust his hair out of his face. "You do love me don't you?"

"I..I.." He didn't want to tell her no, he was afraid of being beaten, killed, loosing a limb. "Yes."

She studied his face a little longer as she dropped his wrist. "Its all I have ever known, but even if it wasn't, it is natural for me. Blood line and all, but death fascinates me. The idea of having someones life within my hands is an amazing feeling. The rush of knowing I was the last face they saw. Watching light drop from their eyes. Its.. a thrill. We haven't kidnapped you we liberated you from the evil of the outside world."

She didn't seem to care to comment on the last question, she brushed passed him and left to her room as he finished getting ready. Coming down the stairs he noticed the front door, it was slightly ajar. He began to walk towards it, every bone in his body telling him to run as fast as he could out the door and through the woods.

Find help.

As he reached the door he heard Alex call for him, he bit his lip and headed up the stairs.

Leaving without a plan would only cause Valery more harm, as well as Avery. He loved that child, he raised her since birth, and now she was being raised by a monster. A man who was willing to murder and rape for power. He bit his lip and shook his head trying to make sure he could think straight.

"Come here." Alex said as he got to the entrance of the room. "Sit on the bed."

He nodded and slowly began to walk towards the bed, he soon sat. He watched her as she walked back and forth for a moment as if she was thinking about what she was doing. "Wha-" Before he could even ask her what she was thinking a knife was at his throat. He was pressed against the wall quickly . He looked at her with fear in hie eyes. She pressed it closer lifting his chin with the tip of the blade.

"I would never hurt you." She whispered as she leaned closer the blade inches from the skin. "You are mine forever Asher." She lowered the knife, he finally let out a breath. "I love you." He didn't speak, tears threatened to fall as she held his chin with her thumb as she kissed him.

"Tell me you love me."

"I..I love you." He managed out as she smiled and put the knife in her pocket, before ehe could get up she cuffed his ankle to the bed.

"Can't have you escaping now can we," she chuckled, "I need to go make some food and make sure the body is in the freezer. Think about us Asher, think about what your smartest move is."

She kissed his forehead and walked out of the room.

He punched the wall and let tears fall, he should have just ran, he should have just gotten help. He pulled at the chains, they only made noise or cut up his ankle. He struggled to catch his breath as everything felt like it was crashing down around him. He was suffering, he was struggling. Alex knew she was wearing him down, it was her goal. She needed him broken, she wanted to put him back together.

She wanted him forever.