Chapter 8 [Bright]

I could remember clearly my previous self. The selfish Bright that didn't want anything but fun. I didn't take my classes seriously, I came just for Tine. I didn't want to be an obedient kid to my dad who hoped that I will work for him.

My parents knew about my issues. They had enough money to close the case and shut media's mouth. And they agreed to let me stay alone in the US and fix myself there. They made me graduate, even though I didn't attend the classes and just do some work from far away.

I didn't realize they did it for me out of love.

I didn't realize they care for me so much.

I didn't realize my dad's intention at first, when he told me to work for him. I thought he just want to have a proper son to brag about, not a brat who killed someone. Instead, he just wanted to help me get a steady job when he knows that his son never concentrate during his class.

And I saw it when I return to Thailand a few months ago.

I started to visit them weekly, still a little bit afraid to live with them. We started to tighten our family bond again. And as if my eyes were covered by thick fog all this time, I didn't see the love they gave me. And now the fog has lifted, and I could cry every day for regretting not to enjoy this before.

I was too self-centered and selfish to notice my surroundings.

So I showed them. I showed them my new self. I showed them the better Bright. I showed them my determination, so I could regain their trust. I also told my dad that I will try to work on his company, if he still needs me. And I swear I could see tears formed in his eyes when he heard me saying those words.

So here I was, standing in the middle of a crowded hall, didn't know what to do other than following my dad here and there, talking to some men.

I hadn't been in a crowd for so long and the sudden event made me feel a little bit uneasy, so I excused myself to the rest room.

I walked down the hallway that echoed the sound of my steps. I couldn't help but admire the interior and decorations of this building.

I sighed. these weeks had been busy for me, attending some private classes to catch up the things that I missed during college, which is a lot. I need to be prepared, to work in a big company. I didn't want to disappoint my dad just because his uneducated son couldn't handle a simple task and bring a company down. That would be a shame.

I splashed my face with water and looked at myself through the mirror when suddenly my thoughts fly to that boy. Win, he said. I thought he would call me but these past three weeks didn't let me received any single call or even a text from him. I started to think that I should be the one who call him but then I didn't know what to say. I couldn't ask him to go out and hang out because I had my own tight schedule.

Maybe he's just like me. Busy with works.

So I shoved the thoughts away. I really couldn't get him out of my head. He really looks like Tine but somehow different. I started to think that his face always popped up on my mind because he looks like Tine, but I couldn't help myself but think differently.

The way he soothed me under the rain. He let himself soaked just because of me. He held me tight in his arms even though I've warned him. I needed to thank him for that day.

I walked out and re-entered the hall, I searched for my dad and came to his side.

And I saw him.

I looked at him. At his face. As if I blink he will disappear. And I guessed he felt my gaze so he looked back at me. My intense stare really made him felt uneasy.