Chapter 21

Both Wang Li and Xu Chen weren't ones to go out and drink, as the night went on Ma Tian could see the red faced boy become more and more drunk while he stayed completely fine. The last bottle of wine that had been opened was a sweet dessert wine, suiting Xu Chen's tastes. Because he didn't show any signs of wanting to head to bed, Ma Tian stayed seated and continued drinking with him but this meant he had to listen to the boys drunk mumbling too.

"Do you think Ge will be like how he is when he messages me?"

Xu Chen murmured quietly but Ma Tian could hear what was being said. Like at the resort, he always felt awkward when Xu Chen asked him about Martian, mainly because it is weird to talk about yourself as if you're a different person. Ma Tian hadn't responded to the drunken question so Xu Chen looked over, his eyes were slightly glazed over while his cheeks and nose were very red. The sight alone made Ma Tian take a sip of his drink to wet his dry throat. In the meantime, Xu Chen lept mumbling.

"I hope Ge isn't disappointed when he sees me."

"He won't be disappointed."

Ma Tian got up from his chair so he could sit beside the drunk boy and wrapped his arm around the slim shoulders. Usually Xu Chen would sit stiffly or try and wriggle away when he did this, but tonight he snuggled into Ma Tian while rambling about how much he likes Martian. Ma TIan couldn't hold back and laughed at the drunk mutterings in his ear.

"What's so funny?"

The smell of alcohol on Xu Chen's breath felt more intoxicating than the drink in his hand and Ma Tian stared into Xu Chen's eyes. Fuck It!

"What if I told you I knew who Martian was?"

"You know Martian?"

Xu Chen smiled widely as he leaned closer to Ma Tian their faces were only a couple centimeters apart and their warm breath mixed together. Xu Chen turned his body then wrapped his arms around Ma Tians shoulders and leaned against them heavily. Ma Tian was about to blurt out his confession when Xu Chen cutely whispered in his ear.

"I'll be happy even if Martian is only half as good as you."

Ma Tian had to hold himself back from crashing his lips onto Xu Chen's, those words had left him tongue tied and he couldn't say anything for a while. The pause in their conversation made Xu Chen quite drowsy and he soon fell asleep on the broad shoulder. Ma Tian took a few more minutes to recover then carried Xu Chen to his bedroom. He was tempted to sleep in the same bed but returned to the living room with a spare pillow and blanket, choosing the sofa instead.

. . . . . .

After the weekend, another week of school came and went. Whenever Kong Da didn't have a client, he would walk Wang Li home from school and he had even bought a bouquet of flowers as it was obvious it wouldn't embarrass his little lover, especially when he was constantly fighting off kisses in public. With being able to see his handsome man during the week, Wang Li felt he was in heaven and expressed happily how he couldn't wait for Xu Chen to feel how he felt.

Xu Chen however, was a nervous wreck and his nerves only became worse when it came to the day of his date. Wang Li had tried every way he knew to calm Xu Chen down but nothing worked. Massages? Games? Cake? Nothing worked. The plan for the date was to start at a restaurant then the group of four would go to an arcade, since Xu Chen had mentioned how much he liked games and toys.

Wang Li wasn't too nervous before the big day because he was too excited about Xu Chen being in a relationship, but after seeing his soulmate on the brink of having a nervous breakdown, he couldn't help but become nervous too.