Chapter 13

After the confirmation of their relationship, Wang Li wasn't able to see Kong Da for another three days, his dad had signed the lease and they officially had an apartment to call home in the city. Xu Chen helped with the move and was given the okay to move in with the Father and Son once school started back, the apartment was only two bedrooms but both him and Wang Li didn't mind sharing a bed.

Even though Wang Li couldn't see his hubby, he made sure to send lots of messages during the day as well as make a good night call in the evening. Mr Wang was happy to see his son in a relationship, but always warned him to not rush into anything and come to him if he needed help or felt uncomfortable with anything.

On the final day of the move, Wang Li gave up on setting up his room and left to visit the studio, carrying two lunch boxes Xu Chen had made. Xu Chen didn't want to visit the studio since his time was mostly spent on the couch alone and decided to stay at the new apartment in bed instead. Wang Li almost ran to the studio because he was so excited to see Kong Da and had to catch his breath before opening the door, as well as wipe his sweaty upper lip.

Kong Da was finishing up on a tattoo in the large room and Wang Li pulled up a chair silently, sitting close to Kong Da while he worked. Kong Da's client was a man and he was getting more work done to his back piece, the tattoo was a large face of a dragon with thick lines along with flowers and water surrounding it. Kong Da's face looked serious but calm as he worked and Wang Li was more in awe of the man beside him than the art he was creating.

The tattoo took an hour after Wang Li's arrival before the man called it a day and left, Kong Da cleaned and sanitized everything before he was dragged out of the studio and into JieJie's car for their date. Wang Li hopped in first with Kong Da following behind him slowly and he handed over one of the lunch boxes.

"Don't worry I didn't spend money. ChenChen made them."

"Don't let him make anymore, I'll buy lunch from now on."

Wang Li readily agreed and he began eating swiftly, Xu Chen had made a spicy beef stir fry that was sitting on top of aromatic rice. Kong Da complimented the food as he ate and the boy sitting beside him thought it would be best if he learnt how to cook a few dishes from now on. The meal passed quickly since both men were rather hungry and Kong Da moved to leave once Wang Li had finished.

"Ah, don't go yet. We won't make progress if all we do is eat in here then leave."

Kong Da let go of the handle and sat stiffly in the car while Wang Li sat beside him quietly. The air between them turned a little tense from no one speaking for a while, Wang Li wanted to move at Kong Da's pace when he felt the man beside him was trembling and he reached over to open the door. Kong Da got out smoothly and helped Wang Li out. After locking the door Wang Li held up his phone screen with a sense of success.

"We're making progress. We've only done this twice but this time we stayed inside thirty seconds longer than last time."

Kong Da didn't know how to feel seeing the timer on the screen and looked at the excited Wang Li in bewilderment before he tiredly hugged him. Eating in the car was easy for him since it was a form of distraction and they were only in the back of the car but once they had to sit in silence, he couldn't stop the memories and fear from rushing to the front of his mind. Kong Da breathed in deeply and could smell Wang Li's shampoo, it was almost milky.

"Next time you should talk to me, it'll make it easier."

Un. Wang Li reached up and patted Kong Da's head in hopes of comforting him but received a light hearted laugh instead as Kong Da jumped away teasingly. Wang Li jumped forward and the two men quickly started a game of tag. Fang Mei and JieJie were squished up against the studio door as they watched the two men play together outside. Nothing sexual was happening but Fang Mei felt she could get a nose bleed from only one look and quickly recorded a clip for BingBing.