Chapter 16

Wang Li laid Xu Chen down in the luxurious backseat and cradled his head in his lap, slowly his friend was able to breathe properly again and the nausea subsided. The bruised Wang Li ignored the man driving them for the whole ride until they pulled into an underground parking area and Ma Tian opened the door, waiting for them to get out.

After shimmying the tired Xu Chen off his lap, Wang Li got out and Ma Tian bent down to help Xu Chen but Wang Li scooted in first. All Ma Tian could do was shake his head and guide them to the elevator with a slow speed. Wang Li had basically recovered from his punch but Xu Chen's face had paled since getting into the car and he struggled to walk by himself, leaning most of his weight onto Wang Li reluctantly.

"S-Sorry Xiao Li."

Xu Chen felt horrible and his body was weak but he still felt bad since Wang Li had also been injured but was helping him support his body, Wang Li told him not to worry and held his friend closer. The group of three were standing in the elevator quietly after Ma Tian had pressed the top floors button, Xu Chen was trying to stand by himself so he wasn't depending on his friend too much but he fainted before they had passed the fifth floor. Wang Li was beginning to feel exhausted like Xu Chen and didn't have the speed or strength to catch his falling friend, luckily Ma Tian was there otherwise Xu Chen would've fallen face first into the elevator doors. He didn't waste any time and picked the unconscious Xu Chen up in a princess carry.

The elevator moved smoothly and quietly until they reached the top floor, Ma Tian led the way while still carrying Xu Chen's slumped body with a tired and frustrated Wang Li following behind. When they entered a large office room, Wang Li was pulled into a bear hug, he could tell from the height and strong grip that JieJie was the one hugging him. After a few seconds, he was promptly let go then hugged again, this time it was Kong Da.

Ma Tian placed Xu Chen down on the sofa as the company doctor came to look over the boys stomach and ribs. Wang Li held Kong Da's hand tightly as he walked over to his friend, Xu Chen had woken up before the elevator had stopped but was still a little muddle headed. Ma Tian stood off to the side as he made a phone call and he pulled a reluctant Kong Da to his side. Wang Li didn't care what was happening between those two as he nervously watched Xu Chen groan when the doctor gently pressed around the lower ribs over his shirt.

The doctor had to remove Xu Chen's shirt in order to properly see what injuries had occurred during the fight, with the shirt removed, both the doctor and Wang Li saw a large black and blue bruise on Xu Chen's sternum. Xu Chen tried to hold back his discomfort and pain but when the doctor applied more subtle pressure to his ribs he groaned out loudly with a pained expression. Ma Tian and Kong Da returned to the two injured boys' sides and the doctor turned to Ma Tian seriously.

"Sir, I need to take him to my office. Two of his ribs are cracked and I need to tape them."

Wang Li wanted to accompany Xu Chen after hearing about his ribs but Kong Da told him he needed to ice his cheek and rest. Ma Tian helped Xu Chen up but couldn't carry him since it put too much pressure on the injured area, instead he sat the boy in his office chair. Wang Li watched anxiously while Xu Chen was wheeled out of the room. Kong Da was handed an ice pack by the doctor before leaving and guided Wang Li onto the sofa. It was only once Xu Chen was out of sight that Kong Da heard his lover speak softly.

"You knew about Chen Ai's brother?"

Un. Suo Su and JieJie were sitting off to the side so the couple could speak privately and Kong Da admitted his fault honestly.

"I did, I didn't tell you for a few reasons but I was wrong in doing so."

Kong Da held the ice pack for Wang Li and pulled the injured man to lean on his shoulder. Wang Li wanted to talk more about the situation but was too tired and the last bit of adrenaline had left his body now that Xu Chen wasn't with him, he leaned into Kong Da heavily and fell asleep.