Chapter 2

"Come out Blue, and maybe I will go on easy in you this time. Nothing too bad, maybe a few scars. But I won't kill you, this time." He speaks with such menace and hate in his voice that if voices could kill in stead of looks, I would be six feet under. The brothers' eyes shoot to me, their gazes filled with questions and confusion. I breath out, realizing that if Greg finds me here, with three boys, no less, he will kill me and them. So, I have two options, I can give into him, and face my death with the knowledge that I may have stopped the murder of three innocent people, or I can hide us with my magic, exposing my self to these people, which is dangerous, but it may work in my favor. Something tells me that these boys will not be all that scared of my magic. While I think about all of this, Titus, Alex and Zen seem to be reading my thoughts because in one moment I am thinking about giving myself over to Greg, then the next, I am surrounded by the three of them.
"Don't go trying to leave us now, Blue. If you own these woods, them you know how to get my brothers and I back home. We seem to be a little lost. As we own part of this forest as well. But we got a little turned around. So, we are going to help you get away from this guy, but in return, you will need to get us back home." Titus growls at me, the sound of his voice a deep rumble in his chest.
It really is not a surprise they need help getting back to their side of the forest, as this one just about covers well over 400 acres of land. I own about 200 acres now, my family used to own 400, but my father sold his shares. I hear Alex gasp, and I blanch. Mainly because I know that he is the one who has view of my left rib cage and because I know that he can see the crisscrossing scars that litter my back as a whole, but he should only be able to see my lower back... I hope.

"What is it, Alex?" Zen questions him, Titus still watching me.

"She has a knife sticking out of her left rib cage and scars on her lower back in crisscrosses." He tells them, causing Zen and Titus to spin me around to see my wound and my back.

"I don't understand. Based on where the knife is, you should be down for the count, near death, especially with how much blood is covering your shirt bandage thingy." Zen tells me, anger and awe in his voice. Looks like he is the doctor of this little trio.

"Well, I guess we finally get to meet. I have been meaning to introduce myself to the new owners. I guess I just did," I begin "Get me away from him indefinitely, I will help you get back to the border between our land." I tell them, dismissing my wound and the topic of how I am still standing; whispering in hopes that Greg will not hear me. They all seem to smirk at once, creeping me out more than just a little.

"As you wish." They said in unison, again more than a little creepy.

" But do not think that this conversation about your wound is over." Titus tells me, his voice stern. In the next moment I am standing in front of Greg. All alone. Great. Simply great. I am so going to die today.