𝖝𝖎𝖝. Made of Flames

Kathryn Darcy, if anything, always liked to make an impression

Kathryn Darcy, if anything, always liked to make an impression. So, her best friend running from DCS, the sense of impending doom in her stomach, none of this would stop her from looking good. Especially if she got it in her head that JJ invited her on a date.

It's also a way to compensate with the anxiety blooming and infecting her lungs. She gets to focus on something else. She's going out for the first time, and she wants to look pretty.

So she wears that white dress with cute little blue flowers that definitely do not remind her of JJ's eyes, because she's not a sap. She gathers her curly hair in a ponytail thanks to JJ's bandana. She puts on makeup and a devilish smile, and she's good to go. You won't catch her crying tonight – that mascara is expensive.

Still, she bites her nails carefully to not stain them with lipstick, when she walks to the spot where the movie night is taking place. It's a nice spot, she likes it. In the middle of nowhere, in the back of a small shop, lined with tall trees. And there she is, shaking with fear for anyone who knows how to see it.

That includes JJ, once he sees her and regains his ability to speak. He almost dropped the icebox with their sandwiches.

"Looking good Kat!" Kie greets before he can think again. "I'm so glad that they're still doing this."

Kathryn nods, giving her a thumbs up. John B's been rubbing off on her. "Yeah, it was pretty cool back in the day." It was. So there's no reason why this wouldn't end well, is there?

They begin to walk towards the stretched sheet on which they're gonna broadcast the movies.

"Back to OBX life," Kie sighs, content. "Aren't you glad I made you come?"

"Ecstatic," Pope ironises. He's clearly on edge. Then again, he always is.

JJ nods, looking at Kathryn in front of him. "Yup. Good. Perfect. Real cool, I'm glad to be here." Shut up shut up shut up.

Kathryn allows herself to relax. She sends JJ a knowing smirk that makes him blush softly. It's cute, she thinks. In a friendly way.

"We're out of the green zone, man," Pope says as he hands Kathryn her chair, stressed out.