𝖝𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. Back To Black

 Kathryn cannot believe she's saying this, but the plan worked

 Kathryn cannot believe she's saying this, but the plan worked. What started as a sarcastic remark ended with them leaving Sarah and Kie stranded on the Druthers, the Cameron's boat, for the night. It really should not have been put in place, let alone work. From what she could see as they left, Sarah even tried to jump out. In the middle of the marsh. Not a good idea, but hey, she admires the determination.

And when they came to pick them up in the morning, they seemed fine, if not a little mutine. Even if they claimed loud and clear that this changed nothing but they were willing to work together now, Kathryn had seen the look in their eyes. She's not sure anyone was fooled, but they're willing to let this go. Because they have bigger fish to fry.

They're all clothed head to toe with black. Kathryn had unbraided her hair and tied it at the nape of her neck, and hid her face behind a baseball cap. Cliché, she figures, but they're kids, they don't exactly know how to be incognito. She's wearing one of John B's dark sweaters, and sports leggings to go with it.

"Did you have to keep the red shoes?" Pope asks her, sighing.

"If we're going to jail for home invading, I'd like to be fashionable." Sarah laughs at that.

She just doesn't have anything darker than her red sneakers. Besides, they are from Alexander McQueen. But she's not going to tell them that until they get muddy and she has to kill them in retaliation.

Soon enough, she won't even have to worry about that. They're going to go and get five hundred million dollars in gold bars. Ideally. If everything goes to plan. And no one gets shot at again.

John B stops the Twinkie next to the wall leading to Crain's jungle of a garden. Kathryn feels anticipation and a certain rush get to her head. This is insane. First, the Royal Merchant. Now, the gold. This is Scooby-Doo if it was real and about money.

JJ turns to the others excitedly, taking the rope as he opens the Twinkie's door. "Let's go get rich guys."

Kathryn almost jumps out. "Absolutely."

Before she can rush towards the Crain House – completely forgetting about the murder story, or choosing to – John B grabs her arm. "Wait, wait." He stands in front of the doors, looking back at everyone inside. "I wanna say thank you, guys. Seriously. It means a lot to me that you're here tonight."