𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. Black And Bruised

 Kathryn keeps playing it and replaying it in her head

 Kathryn keeps playing it and replaying it in her head. Again, and again, and again. John B shouldn't have been meddling with her stuff. She shouldn't have let JJ get away with the money, no matter how much she just wanted to be there for him. What he did was stupid and reckless, motivated by rage. She could have just told him she understood, asked him to put it back, but no, she wanted to be on his side, and now he was running around with a drug dealer's load and god only knows what he was going to do with it.

And John B should not have gone this far. Told her that she wanted to fix the void by putting everything else first. Actually preventing her from doing what she thought was best. No matter if he was right or not, he went too far.

But, in the end, Kathryn was still the one who left.

However, that didn't mean that she was out of the treasure hunt. Hell no, she was going to go through with this, if it killed her. The gold is as much hers as John B's, as their dads', and she's not letting it go. Besides, they need her. Who else is going to draw their plans and talk the police out of arresting them?

And, maybe, she already missed John B. She was being honest when she said that if anyone was going to know about her dad, it would've been him, if he had paid a little more attention.

All in all, the situation was fucked, it'd be tensed and awfully awkward, but she would not back down, would she? She's a Darcy.

Hence why she pulls up at the Château, in the middle of the night. Kie texted her, as she's the only one with wi-fi currently, that Pope and her would try to work out on the logistics, and go get the gold at first light when John B gets there. So she has time ahead of her, doesn't she? At least, spending some time with Max and Henry calmed her down a little.

She gets out of the SUV a little hesitantly, and waves at Kie and Pope, standing next to Heyward's truck. At least, they seem somewhat happy to see her.

"Hi," Kie greets her with a smile.

It must be pretty bad, because Pope hugs her tight. It constricts her throat and for a second, she's scared that she's going to cry.

"Kat, you okay?"

That makes it even worse. When has a 'you okay?' prevented someone from crying? It's actually known to make things worse, fuck.