Not a Bad Monday

Monday. I hate Mondays. Then again, who didn't?

I waved to my aunt as she drove away, and walked into the school without much pep in my step. I don't think I got much sleep last night, my brain was racing through all the events that happened yesterday. Meeting Edna Mode, getting acceptance from the Parr family to train me...the future was actually looking a little promising. For the first time ever.

The hallways were fairly empty for now, but more students gradually piled in, and a lot of chatter came with them. I heard talk about what seemed to be a party...

"It was fun, at first. Can't believe it got broken up like that."

"Yeah. I bet Iris felt humiliated..."

Two girls passed me, talking among themselves. Hearing Iris' name caused my brow to furrow as something nudged the back of my mind, before I remembered.

Iris' birthday party was on Saturday. Apparently, it got broken up somehow? Interesting...

I got to my locker and spun in my combination to open it. I did my normal routine of swapping my books in and out, but saw a flash of yellow out of the corner of my eyes. Dash was approaching, and he...didn't look happy. More like tired.

"Hey." I blinked. "Had a bad morning?"

"You could say that." He sighed, spinning the lock and opening his locker. "You've heard about Iris' party, right?"

"Yeah. Only that it got broken up by something. You know what it was?"

"According to a couple of my friends who were there, a neighbor went to the house to complain about the noise." He started, assorting his own books.

"When they didn't listen, she called the police department to complain. Some officers showed up, and they managed to discover drugs in the house. Someone at the party tattle-taled apparently."

"Yikes." I grimaced. I wouldn't have gone to that party under any normal circumstances, but I'm still glad I wasn't there. It must've been an awful situation to be in.

"So the police broke the party up?"

"In like 10 seconds. Some people ran out the backdoor and jumped out of the windows, but they kept most of the people inside the house to call parents and the like. Iris' parents included."

"Wait, they weren't there?"

"Nope." Dash snorted. "They're out of town. I heard they told Iris she could have a small party with just a few of her friends, not a full-blown house party. They especially didn't want drugs involved. Needless to say, they weren't happy. Supposedly cut their trip short and are coming back to town today."

"Heh. I would say I feel sorry for Iris, but...I'd be lying." I shrugged, closing my locker.

At that, Dash laughed. "I knew you wouldn't. I sure don't. I don't feel bad for my friends either honestly. I told them it was a bad idea to go."

"It's a shame it still happened though...hold on, this all was on Saturday right? You didn't find out about this until...this morning?"

"Correct, milady."

My chest tightened in a pleasant way at the affectionate term. Was that something he was going to start seriously calling me now? ...I have no complaints. I waited for Dash to finish with his locker, and fell into line with him as we headed down the hall. Our hands found one another's without much thought to it.

"Their parents took their phones away as a part of their punishments, but a few of them managed to get them back this morning. My phone blew up with text messages because of it." Annoyance spread across his features.