Confessions

"You still want to get ice cream after school?"

"Mhm." I hummed in affirmation, looking over at Dash. He was leaning against the locker next to mine, not quite meeting my gaze.

I noticed that, from the moment I walked up to my locker and Dash noticed me, he was acting shy. Ever since last evening, in fact. I had dinner with the Parrs, and Dash didn't really look at me throughout all of it. Didn't talk so much either.

When he took me home, it was the same. I wonder what was going through his head?

"You seem...off." I pointed out to him, and I saw him tense. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah. I'm alright." He brushed it away, looking off to the side coolly. I could tell it was mostly fake. But, if he didn't want to tell me, oh well.

"If you say so..." I closed my locker, and walked with him down the hall, heading for my first class.

Funnily enough, we passed by a big swarm of girls that were standing off to the side of the hallway. Iris was with them, and when she saw us...cue the nasty look at me. Some of the other girls made similar looks at me.

I promptly flipped them all the good old bird, and ignored their hisses and cries of indignation as I kept walking with Dash. The commotion was enough to snap him out of his train of thought, as he glanced around, confused.

"Something happen?" He asked, and I shook my head, smiling.

"Nah. Nothing that I saw anyway."

Dash accepted that answer, facing forward again, and I snickered to myself.

~~~

"Ready to go?" Dash asked. His cheeks were still a scarlet red, but at least he seemed calm.

"Mhm." I already sent a text to Auntie, telling her that I'm hanging out with Dash for a while, so that was taken care of.

We left the classroom, and it was a leisurely walk out of the building and to Dash's car. We both got in and put our backpacks in the backseat, as he started up the car and pulled away from the school.

"So...where are we going?" I asked absentmindedly, gazing out the window, looking over the park we passed. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw his head briefly turn in my direction.

"Frozen Paradise. It's a little ice cream shop in the city, one of my favorites."

"Ok." I've never been there, but then again, I've never been to any ice cream shops or parlors. I've always wanted to though.

Eventually I straightened up, and caught a look of Dash's face. He was biting his lip, obviously thinking about something that wasn't allowing him to relax.

I wanted to ask about it, but I chose to let it go instead, figuring I could bring it up later.

We pulled up to shop, my eyes landing on the colorful sign: Frozen Paradise. There wasn't a little café or restaurant attached to it, only a small roofed eating area. Because of the weather currently being good, there were a some people sitting scattered across the tables, eating ice cream cones or sundaes. The sights of the treats made my mouth begin to water.

Dash parked the car and got out, me following his lead. We went up to the front, no one thankfully being there for the moment, so we didn't have to wait in line. The cashier, a black-haired lady that didn't look too older than us, looked up from her phone. It was only a brief glimpse, but I caught what looked to be a...green tattoo of some sort on her arm before she fixed the long sleeves of her uniform, covering it.

"Dash!" She smiled, flipping her phone closed and pocketing it.

"Hey Rosalie." Dash threw out a charming smile, walking up to the counter in front of the window and casually leaning against it.