part 3

mattia and kairi had no classes together, except for last period. the class was math, where kairi and mattia sat directly next to eachother. mattia watched kairi wall through the door and sit down next to him, feeling a tickle in his chest. he pushed it down and ignored it, hoping it would go away. nobody could understand what he's going through, as far as anyone knew, this disease was fictional. but it was so real to him.
"m-mattia.." kairi looked hesitant to talk to mattia after the bathroom incident, "can you help me with this?" kairi looked at mattia, pleading with his eyes. the taller leaned over and reached to help him do the problem. nothing was a problem until the tickles in his chest began to feel like punches.

he raised his hand and waited for the teacher to notice his existence. she stayed having her eyes beamed to her papers, so he opted for going up to her and asking instead. he sped walked through the row of desks, accidentally banging his hands on the teachers desk. the flower petals started to pile up unwillingly, one reaching the back of his throat. the teacher looked at him expectantly, one eyebrow raised, when she notice the look on his face and his mouth puffed a bit. "go, be back in 10." she said monotonously.
mattia ran to the bathroom, having trouble breathing properly with the flowers in his lungs. he slammed into a stall not bothering no close the door, hacking up the petals. he then felt the familiar choking sensation and began gagging feeling a huge bud come up. it was stuck, nearly out, but it wouldn't fit. mattia couldn't breathe and without breathing he couldn't cough, he mustered up the last bit of air in his lungs and coughed as hard as he could. the bud flew into his hands. the bud was growing. bright yellow pedals peeked out from the top. if mattia couldn't cough up a bud without nearly dying, would he die when the petals bloomed?

"mattia?"