Chapter 8: An Amazing Afternoon at the Radio Station

Depuis le début

Beca laughs and said, "I hope he doesn't get his hopes too high. That new mix is really messed up."

"Yes it is. But you make the best mixes ever so you don't have to worry about it." I smiled at her.

She giggled and say, "thanks. But what is Luke talking about?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"About what?" I asked her, pretending I don't know.

Great. How am I got to deal with this question now?

"Don't play dumb, Jesse. I know you know what I'm talking about." She says, looking serious at me.

I sighed and said, "I'm sorry. I just, can't get over with yesterday."

"I know. Me either. But trust me, I'm trying my best to get over with it." She says and sighs with frustration.

She can't get over with it too? I really like Beca. I want her to be my girlfriend. I want her to trust me and promise that I will never leave her. And I was about to ask her when she kissed me but something change that question in what she told me after we kissed.

What can I do? I can't blame her for that. I can't blame her for her past with boys.

I laughed and said, "I really think we could. We both know it's hard. But can I ask you a question?"

"You just did, Swanson." She says, mimicking me last midnight.

"Ha-ha. Very funny. But seriously?" I say.

"Sure." She chuckled.

"Did Chloe asked you why the hell were you under the bushes yesterday?" I said.

She looks at me with an isn't-it-obvious-look and I laughed.

"Tell me about it! She's so damn annoying and she keeps on asking me that." She laughed.

"Did you tell her?" I laughed even harder.

"Of course not! I made something up to make her believe me." She grins.

"Really? What's your reason, Mitchell?" I say, looking at her evilly.

She grins proudly and say, "I said I saw something shocking on my phone and I accidentally threw it into the bushes. So I went under the bushes to get it."

I was shocked. How the hell could Beca made something up like that? If it was me who Chloe asked, I would be speechless as fuck. She could read Beca's mind like crazy. I don't know why. I think they were really meant to be best friends.

"And what was her reaction?" I look at her, full of sarcasm.

I really doubt Chloe would believe her. She knows Beca too well.

"She believe me." She smirked at me.

"What!?" I exclaimed. "No way!"

"Yes way!" She shoots. "I really sound convincing, I think."

"You never sound convincing." I chuckled.

"Shut it, Swanson." She playfully punched me in the shoulder.

She grins and turned into my laptop.
" 'The Breakfast Club Soundtrack'? Are you kidding me?" She says, laughing and searching through the playlist.

"What? That movie is the best." I smiled at her.

She looks at me while laughing. "Nerd" she smirked.

"Weirdo." I nudged her and we began to laugh.

Then that's when I noticed something reddish in her face.