Chapter 19

Cath, Cathy, Kat and Anna were downstairs, about an hour after Cath's intrusion, sat around the kitchen table.

"Where is Mama? She is normally the first one up, " Kat looked across to Cath considering Cath and Jane were the closest.

"Anne had a nightmare and Jane is comforting her. I walked in on that an hour ago, " Cath explained casually, bringing her tea closer to her lips.

"It does not take over an hour to comfort someone from a nightmare, " Anna piped up, having comforted Kat before.

"Hm, well-"

Cathy was interrupted when Anne flung the kitchen door open, Jane walking next to her.

Catherine immediately noticed the difference - Jane was now wearing the white jumper Anne was wearing earlier and Anne adorning Jane's black vest top. Both women had forgotten about the event with Catherine being more engaged in the activity at hand.

"Jane, can I, er, talk to you?" Cath smile over at her as she headed to the lounge, Jane quickly following behind.

"Yeah, Cath, what's up?" Jane perched herself on the edge of the sofa arm.

"How was it?" She raised an eyebrow as she smirked, folding her arms across her chest.

"How was what?" Jane cocked her head to the side.

"You know, " She smirked again, "You most definitely know, "

"I don't kno-" Jane flicked her

"You. And Anne. Had Se-" Cath bit her lip as a smirk grew across her face.

"Catherine!" She exclaimed before moving closer, then stepping away again, "Actually, ANNE COME HERE!"