Chapter 37: Seventeen

Start from the beginning

    It honestly doesn't feel that long ago. I stared at my clock on my nightstand and I rolled over realizing I got feathers in my hair from my pillows. I pulled them out and I didn't feel seventeen at all. But I was born at 2:55am. I remember every story my parents told me about when my mom gave birth to me. My mom told me she was in labor for nineteen hours.

     I got up from the floor when I tumbled to the floor feeling a bit drowsy still. I got on my two feet and I went to my mirror and took the bun out of my hair and began to brush my hair while doing a bit of combing. And of course I grabbed my phone finding a bunch of messages left on my voicemail. I decided to listen to them. The first one was from Victoria. I put my phone on speaker to listen to each message.

    "Hi Emma! It's V. But you made it to seventeen! Happy Birthday! Call me back. Caio." She said on the message and I deliberately laughed at how cheerful and bubbly she sounded.

Of course Victoria is already thinking of college and our senior year hasn't even begun yet. School starts in two weeks. And I gotta say I'm excited then soon I'll be eighteen and then I can be with Christopher with it without my father's say.

But the one thing that worries me a bit is that Christopher is going off to college by next week. Only because he wants to get there a little early only because of my persuasion and influence. I told him if he goes early then he has no problems. It's like him going to college and never seeing me again. But he's promised me over a dozen times that it is not gonna happen. And to be honest, I believe him. Why else would he not be crazy to go off texting some other girl. But if a girl flirts with him he usually just takes the gesture. And I control myself so that I don't get jealous.

Today is September fifteenth. My birthday. My parents had me seventeen years ago today. And this explains I'm a pure, clever and true Virgo. But however, the day has to go well. Only if Christopher doesn't get me anything for my birthday. But I highly doubt he won't. Because he's too kind like that. He likes getting special gifts. And these are definitely one of them.

The first thing I did was go into my walk in closet and I picked out a white floral mini dress and I lied it out on my bed that I made. And then I decided to go jump into the shower. Wash my hair and body. And after, I got into my dress and I had towel dried my hair and then I tied my hair half up and half down and I took a lovely pink flower and placed it in my hair like it was a Hawaiian flower being pinned on me. Or like it was a bow.

I decided on wearing my charm bracelet as always and the locket Christopher got me for Christmas. And I honestly just loved it and obviously I hate when I take it off at night. I had to reach into my drawer to pull out my makeup case and I decided to put on some makeup. I put on light pinkish purplish eyeshadow and mascara. And some blush. And then shiny lipgloss.

After I was finished I had sprayed myself with my special favorite perfume I got with Mandy from Victoria's Secret. And so I had just made myself smelling extremely lovely. And then I stepped outside my room with Marshmallow. I had decided on feeding Marshmallow while in the kitchen. And I put the hard dog food into his bowl. And after he just went right away into his bowl. And I went into the sitting room and I saw something sitting on the coffee table that caught my eye. Slowly, I approached it being totally cautious.

I got to the table, picking up what seemed like a white box of something. A card was resting on it and I opened it with a lovely message.

Happy Birthday Emma,
Cherish this with your heart, dreams
and goals while I'm gone. And remember
Paris is always with you. Xoxoxo

Yours truly,
C.G

I chuckled softly and then I placed the card down. And I opened the box, finding a Paris snow globe inside. The same one Christopher got me for Christmas but got destroyed by April. And so, I just looked at the globe, taking it out with gasp. And I held it in my hands and I sat on the sofa, deciding to tip it upside down with a shake. I can't believe Christopher went out and bought this. And I can't believe he got this. I got this from my stepbrother who isn't just in love with me but cares about me physically and emotionally.