Chapter 3

I lick my lips, finishing off the apple cinnamon pie before drinking the rest of my orange juice. "That was delicious, thank you." I say with a bright smile. 

Taylor turned to me, a soft smile forming across her features, "Of course my child, I'm glad you liked it." She then walked over taking my plate before I could even take it myself, walking over to the sink in the kitchen. 

"Taylor?" I say, walking over to her, shuffling my feet nervously, gaining her attention. 

Taylor looked at me with a curious gaze, "Yes my child?" 

"Why are human souls different colors?" I ask, curiosity gleaming in my eyes as I look up into her forest green eyes. 

"It's quiet simply really, a color of a human soul is based on their dominant trait." Taylor answered, looking back over at the dishes in the sink, continuing to wash them. 

"Why don't monsters have colored souls?" I question further, looking up at her with a confused expression. 

"Some do." Taylor spoke, not looking up from her task. "But most monster souls are white." Was all Taylor said, before finishing up the dishes. 

"Now, it is time to go to bed. Tomorrow we can water the garden and got out to catch butterflies. How does that sound?" Taylor said with a bright smile as she led me out of the kitchen. 

I smiled before frowning, remembering something ... or really someone important. "Actually I can't, I have to find someone and apologize." I tell her, she looked down at me confused. 

"Who my child?" She questioned, stopping in the hallway before a door. 

"His name was Syrus, from what I remember." I answer, knowing the tall skeleton must've noticed my absence by now. He must be worried sick. 

A frown formed along Taylor's lips, as anger takes over her features. "You will not have to worry about him anymore my child." She spoke in a harsh tone, causing me to flinch in surprise, looking up at her with a mix of confusion and fear. Taylor then let out sigh, calming herself, "This will be your room my child." She turned the knob, pushing the door open revealing a small room. 

I walk inside, looking around for a moment, before turning back to look at Taylor, "Thank you." 

She nodded, before walking into the room herself. I climbed onto the bed after slipping my boots off, laying the covers over my body. Taylor leaned over me, placing a kiss on my forehead, a small smile along her lips. "Goodnight my child." Taylor said warmly, before adjusting the blanket then leaving the room, closing the door softly behind her. 

I let out a yawn, before falling to sleep with a soft smile forming along my face. 

****************************

I feel something licking my face, I open my eyes to see a small light brown dog with floppy ears and big brown eyes, it barked as it wagged its tail in joy. I sit up, causing the dog to jump down from my chest onto the floor next to my bed. 

"Fray! Are you awake!?" I hear a male's voice call out from down stairs. 

"Yeah!" I shout back, jumping out of my covers and onto the carpeted floor. I realized I was much smaller and younger than I am now ... this must be a memory!"

"C'mon down! Waffles are done!" I hear the male's voice shout. 

I smile as I run down the stairs with the dog following behind me, looking around the corner. But just before I could lay eyes on my father my vision went dark.