Prologue

Long ago, two races ruled Earth. 

Monsters and humans.

One day, a war broke out between both races. 

After a long battle, the humans forced the monsters to flee to the mountain. The monsters held out for hope, as they tried to come up with a plan to defeat the humans. 

However, the humans found their hiding place, slaughtering every monster they see. 

In one last struggle, the monsters forced the humans out of the mountain, sealing themselves away underground. 

The humans took this as a win, celebrating their victory among one another. 

The monsters however, lived in fear, afraid the humans would one day, find a way in. Killing what is left of their kind.

In response, the king had the royal scientist place a spell that only those that wish no harm, could pass through.

However ... there is always a way to trick the system. 

A few hundred years later

"My king, that child was innocent." A skeleton with a black jacket with white fluff around the rim, black cargo shorts, white pinprick eyes, and bandages wrapped around his arms and feet spoke with shock, staring down at the dead child in horror. 

"This must be done Syrus." A human-like goat monster with cream colored fur spoke, his red trident splattered with blood of the child. He held out his paw, collecting the child's dark blue soul. "Our kind has lived in fear long enough."

"There has to be another way!" Syrus insisted with shaky white pinpricks. "There has to be a way then to kill innocent children." 

"There isn't." The king spoke with a sigh, putting the soul into a glass cylinder before sealing it. 

"Humans don't deserve this." The skeleton spoke firmly, glaring into the kings eyes. 

"Humans are the ones you forced us into hiding! Humans are the ones that killed my daughter!" The king roared, however, the skeleton's glare didn't falter. 

"They were innocent!" Syrus yelled in return, gesturing to the dead child. "They meant no harm!"

"This is the way!" The king retorted. "We now have four souls, we only need three more. Then we can leave this wretched mountain and claim back what is ours." 

Syrus let out a growl before forming a fake lazy smile, "If that is what you think your majesty, then let's find those other three souls." 

"Thank you for understanding Syrus." The king spoke with a small smile, giving him a nod. 

The skeleton turned around exiting the room, down a golden hall, and out of the castle where a yellow dinosaur was waiting. "W-what did h-he say?" She questioned as a frown fell on Syrus's face. "W-what h-happened?"

"He killed the kid." Syrus answered, slipping his hands in his pockets. 

"W-w-what!?" The yellow dinosaur questioned. 

"Claims it's for the greater good on getting us out of here." Syrus grumbled. 

"W-what are w-we going to do?" She questioned. 

Syrus seemed to think for a moment before saying, "You get those cameras up and running. I'll be up top guarding the cave, making sure no humans reach down here." He then glared straight ahead, "Let's hope that these kids disappearance warn off anyone else from climbing this mountain."