"I don't wanna cause problems between her and Kiki. I can use my phone. Or maybe just show up when you're there. That way you can let me into her place."

Alex points his beer bottle at me, "That's a great idea."

"Dude," I tilt my head to the side, "What the fuck happened to your ear?"

"Oh, yeah. I went ahead and jumped a few tapers on my gauge stretching kit thing and had a blowout. Kiki warned me, but I didn't listen. Now I'm maimed."

"You look like you have an asshole for an ear."

"Dude, I know," Alex laughs.

He's drunk. I need to get to his level of inebriation. I'm not having as much fun as he is laughing at himself. I down my drink and head to the kitchen for another. This kitchen is fucking gross. I think I made the right decision by sticking to beer.

"Shy! Hi!"

Great. It's Cassie. I am in no mood to deal with her ass tonight. Fuck.

"Get away from me, Cassie."

"Don't be that way, baby. I've missed you."

"Cassie, are you almost done talking to me?"

"Why?" She purrs, rubbing herself against me.

"Because. I'm bored!" I yell in her face leaving her in the kitchen. This chick doesn't give up. I swear.

Reclaiming my seat, I check out who's actually here at this stupid shindig. A group of football players catch my eye standing around a ping pong table. Eric is among them talking it up. He doesn't see me. Good. Alex twists his head around to see what I'm looking at. He decides to sit next to me to watch them.

"I wonder what they're talking about."

"I don't know. I wonder how many people would notice if he went missing."

Alex looks at me dumb, "Probably a lot of people."

"My dad could hide a body. He'd do it for me."

"Yup. But then you'd have to be his bitch. Not worth it in my opinion."

Breathing in deep, I let it out on a long sigh. My friend is right. The last thing I want is to be indebted to my stupid father. I could just hide the body myself. That'd be easier.

The group of jocks laugh at something Eric's said. What the fuck is he talking about? I should move closer to this bitch. I crack my itchy knuckles. Just like a brewing storm, I know I'm gonna cause a fight tonight. I've been dying to smash my fist through Eric's face, and I think tonight's the night to do it.

"Dude, I know that look. I'm telling ya, it's not worth it. Instead, use this as a practice session to get your anger under control," Alex suggests with a smile.

"A practice session?" I sneer, "No thanks. I need to get closer. You coming?"

"Fuck. Yeah, fine. Where's Tyler and Donovan? We're gonna need them. You and I can't fight all of them at once."

"True. Go find them."

I watch Alex leave, then move closer to my target. I'm gonna fuck this kid up. I move like a shadow through the room and take up a seat in my new position closer to where these fuck sticks are standing. Now I can hear them better. I smile, swallowing down my second beer. I'm a long way from my buzz. I wish I had something stronger.

Just when I'm about to search for something else to drink, I see Alex, Tyler and Donovan making their way over to me. They do it smart, sticking to the walls so the jocks don't notice them. See, this is why wearing black has its advantages. No one notices you. It's ninja style.