Chapter 12

He kissed me. He beat that man up. He kissed me. He yelled at me. He kissed me. He marked my neck. He kissed me!

My reflection is me, but it's different with the glaring evidence his lips left behind. A large reddish, purplish bruise graces my right SCM muscle. I can't help but gently prob at the horrible mark. How can something that looks so hideous have felt so good? My finger tips move to my lips, and I squeeze my eyes shut against the memory which haunted me all last night.

He stole my first kiss. My first kiss was supposed to have been a magical moment in time. A romantic gesture given to me by my first love. It's a juvenile thought, I know. I can't help it. It's what I've always fantasized. But, he came along and blew that fantasy into smithereens. Obliterated it.

I have nothing to compare his kiss to, but if I did, I'd wager it safe to say that kiss was epic. His mouth, those lips I've been ogling for days now, were so soft at first. I wasn't expecting the sensation. I wasn't expecting him to touch me like that in the first place. When he did, I couldn't help but lose my breath.

That's when he took advantage, when I felt his tongue plunge inside of my mouth. That's when I felt his shiny metal ball piercing glide smoothly against my tongue. The sensation was so foreign and new. I've never felt anything better. This isn't fair. He stole that kiss from me. He's a thief. And now, I have to face him as if nothing at all happened.

I know he said he was into me, but he was upset when he had said it. How am I supposed to believe him? And even if he was being genuine with me, I can't hope to explore a relationship with him. He's dangerous. Kiki said Alex told her Shy beat the crap out of the guy who was planning on drugging me. I'm not sure how to feel about it. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm glad Shy was there. But couldn't he have told the bouncers at the bar or call the police? I just don't know how to feel!

Also, Shy was angry with Kiki but it wasn't her fault. Kiki warned me not to drink anything that man was bringing to us. She told me to just hold it and make it look like I was drinking it until we could ditch the two guys talking to us. She really was watching my back. Luckily, Alex assured her he would talk to Shy about it and smooth things out. I'm glad about that because Kiki doesn't deserve to get her head bitten off for nothing. Especially by Shy.

Groaning, I squeeze my eyes shut. Everything is going to feel so awkward today. I'm not sure how to handle things. Shy said his fee for protecting me was my answering his questions. Well, I did that. So, I guess we're even. No matter how he might feel, I'm going to keep my distance. I don't owe him anything. Maybe I should sit somewhere else in history today. Maybe I should skip class today all together. I have my portion of the project under control. There's really no need to endure an entire class with Shy. Besides, I don't know how I'm going to face him after last night. I can't wrap my head around things. I think I'll hide out. That's always the answer.

"Hey, you getting up?" Kiki pops her head into the room.

"I think I'm gonna skip history this morning."

"You feeling okay?"

"Yeah. I'm just...tired."

"Mkay, girlfriend. You call me if you need anything."

"I will. See ya at lunch."

I jump back into bed with my phone and breathe a sigh of relief at the fact I don't have to be faced with Shy this morning. I'll deal with it tomorrow. I think I'll login to AnimeSpeak. I wonder if Aela ever got back to me. I check and see she hasn't. I'll send her a message.

Rose: Good morning! I've decided to be bad and skip my first hour today. Haha :)

I know she's probably not on, but I like to send out messages to the people I talk with the most to start up conversations for when they have an opportunity to logon. To my surprise, I receive a response.