Chapter 15

What are the chances? My hot water heater goes out right before I have to shower to get ready for this stupid party I don't really want to go to? Son of a bitch. I'm only going because everyone else is, including Kiki. And where there's Kiki, there's Luna. So I'm going. But I need to shower. 

I know! I'll shower at Alex's place. He lives alone, so that's perfect. There's nothing worse than having to use a dormitory shower or any shower used by more than one dude. I'd rather stink if I'm forced to do that. Fucking gross.

After shooting Alex a text and grabbing a duffle bag full of the shit I need, I jump in my truck and head over. He lives in a duplex only ten minutes from me, so I'll make perfect timing. Maybe I'll offer to drive everyone. Of course if I do that, I'll end up being the designated driver. I'm not sure I want to stay sober. Maybe I'll drive over and Uber home. Whatever. I'll figure it out. My truck only holds a total of six, so people better get their rides sorted.

The lights are on my side, and I reach Alex's place in seven minutes. I don't bother knocking, since he knows I'm coming, and use my key. Me and Alex are the only two who have each other's house key in case of an emergency. I sure as hell don't trust my family to have a key to my place, so Alex is my choice. And since Alex is kinda in the same boat as I am with his shitty fam, he picked me in return. There's something to be said for having a best friend.

I smell spaghetti. Alex and Kiki must have eaten. The place is quiet except the sounds from a t.v. coming from his room. I can safely assume, they're getting ready. I'm gonna help myself to a hot shower rather than the cold one I would have had.

Letting the water hit my back, I sigh. I skipped school and spent a good portion of the day at the gym. Sometimes I need a break from everything. While I usually hit the gym once a day for a few hours, today I hung out all day and worked everything. I'm kinda paying the price. Damn. Oh well, the water is doing the trick. And, in a little while, a stiff drink will also help.

Turning off the water, I go to grab my towel only to see I forgot one. Great. Maybe Alex has some hanging up. Nope. Under the sink? No. What the hell does he do? Air dry? Shit. Maybe if I yell for him, he can get me one. I yell and wait. Nothing. Son of a bitch. I don't want to put my clothes on wet. This is stupid. I'm just gonna go get a fucking towel. Screw it. Leaving the room, I go in search of a linen closet.

"Holy Mother Mary. I really hope you don't think you're gonna shove that anaconda into my friend. And with that barbell it's lifting either," Kiki points unabashed, popping a doughnut hole into her mouth.

I smirk searching the cupboard.

"What the fuck, dude! Cover that thing!" Alex gags.

"That's seriously the biggest wiener I've ever seen. I've also never seen one pierced either," her head tilts in wonder.

"Hey! Stop checking out his junk. Dude, towels are in the closet. Hurry up!"

"No offense, babe," Kiki shrugs.

Finding what I need, I get back to the bathroom to finish getting ready. I need to shave my face, brush my teeth, hair and get dressed. Twenty minutes tops. I can still hear Alex and Kiki talking about my junk and it makes me laugh. Kiki is pretty gutsy and definitely not shy. She openly checked me out right in front of her new boyfriend. I hope Alex is confident. He's gonna need to be if he wants to keep that girl.

She does seem to be pretty stable in knowing what she wants. From the way she was looking at me, I'd say she's more than happy with what Alex has to offer. She was looking at me more out of curiosity than attraction which is a good thing.

Running some pomade through my hair and smoothing it back, I quickly finish up and head out. Where'd I put my damn keys? Ah. Coffee table.

"You guys wanna ride with me?"