The Trial

Another song by reinaeiry. This one's for angst. This is awesome too.

Adora's POV

Catra looked uncomfortable. She slipped out of my arms and went into the bathroom. Minutes later, she emerged, looking extremely nervous. She wasn't in her normal clothes. Her horde clothes? They didn't have the horde symbol on them but I guess they were still reminders of the past. So what was she wearing?

Wait a minute...

"Catra is that my shirt?!"

"Was your shirt. Not anymore Princess" She said in her usual flirty tone.

"Did you... Did you cut the arms and make it your tank top? It doesn't even fit you! It's too big!" (Noelle made a tweet and drawing about Catra cutting up Adora's shirt and making it a crop top. I imagine she made it a tank top first, crop top second.)

"Well it's mine now. Better find something else to wear, Adora."

I grumbled. I guess I have some other shirts but that was my favorite! I finally decided on a different white shirt and my red jacket with my normal pants. I looked at Catra to find her wearing her pants from the prom. She looked less formal than me. She looked extremely nervous, though she tried to hide it by making jokes and being flirty, I know her well. I can't blame her for being nervous, she's gonna be on trial today. I'm nervous too.  know Glimmer and the other Princesses forgave her but is that gonna be so simple formally?

I mean she did indirectly cause Angella's death.

Catra looked confident but her ears were lowered and Melog was acting scared too. It reflected Catra's emotions mostly.

We walked into the trial room. Catra was shaking so I held her hand. She gulped and we sat down. Glimmer started speaking.

Glimmer's POV

I did forgive Catra. I know she did a lot of bad things but she's making it up to them. I haven't forgotten how Shadow Weaver was able to manipulate me. To have had that for 16 years... I'm gonna propose therapy to Adora and Catra when this is all over. I know that her past doesn't excuse her actions but it should be considered too. Now to tell this to everyone else.

"Greetings everybody!" I started. "Today we are to judge our former enemies, who have done a lot of bad but have defected. Catra and Hordak. First, Catra!"

I took a deep breath. I didn't know how they would react to this. "First of all, I would like to say that Catra is the reason I'm standing here today. Most of you don't know this but she was the one that saved me. She was the one that got me out of Prime's ship, knowing it could cost her her life. She then helped us get through the blockade alive."

"She saved me too" Adora said. "At the Heart. Twice" I didn't hear about the second one. Huh. Adora isn't telling me something. It's probably embarrassing. I'll tease her later.

"She is responsible for many crimes but she is working to make up for them and be better. I did bad too, I almost destroyed Etheria. I believe everyone can change and everyone deserves a second chance. I forgive her."

The crowd got loud at that. "How can you forgive her! It's her fault Queen Angella died!

Catra's POV

Those words hurt. Especially because they were true. "Your highness, can I speak?" I asked.

Glimmer turned at me, sadness in her eyes. She nodded.

"I know I've done a lot of irreversible damage and I'm not asking you to forget about them I know I don't deserve a second chance or anything other than a punishment. I just want you to let me fix what I broke. I know my past and everything that Shadow Weaver did doesn't excuse my actions." I spoke. 

"Wait, what did Shadow Weaver do exactly?" someone asked. Memories and flashbacks of her abuse flooded my mind. 

Adora's POV

Catra started gasping for air. I could tell she was having memories of the past. I looked at Glimmer. She nodded and started talking."That's something Adora and Catra can share when they're ready." Catra's reaction to the question seemed to answer the question better than words could. Everyone that was looking at her in anger was now looking at her with pity. I knew she wouldn't like being pitied so I spoke."It doesn't matter, like they said, it's not an excuse. What matters is that she is sorry for her actions. If Shadow Weaver was forgiven then Catra should be too." 

Everyone seemed to agree to that. Some were skeptical but they agreed too. Glimmer sighed in relief. "So it's decided, Catra is forgiven. She will be watched by Adora and she will help fix what she broke. Now she can be excused." She seemed to notice the state she was in and gave me a sign to take her out. Once outside, I tried to help her breathe.

"Catra, breath she's gone. She can't hurt you anymore."

"Adora, they're right. I-I did r-really bad things I don't deserve to be forgiven I should be punished!"

"Catra. Listen to me. Yes, you did bad things. But you have changed. The old Catra wouldn't have risked her life for others. You're not that person anymore. Her abuse did really hurt you, that one of the reasons you acted the way you did. You can't say it was all your fault. It was your choice but it was impacted by her. You can't take all the blame."

I could tell she wasn't entirely convinced but she was breathing better now.

"right." she whispered. "c-can you- I mean- can I not, you know?"

I smiled softly. "I wouldn't let you go back there if you wanted to, you need a break. I'm taking you back to our room. I need to attend this but I promise I'll be back as soon as possible, okay?"

She just nodded and I carried her to our room and laid her on the bed. She wasn't asleep but her eyes were closed. I sighed and went back to the trial.