chapter four(calm before the storm)

Becca's P.O.V

After several hours of deliberate torture, he decided to turn off the TV with the remote.

Oh finally, he wasn't blind after all.

The silence in the room stood heavy in the air enveloping us. But it was a different kind of silence because it was peaceful and alife.

It was a newly found solace. there was nothing that could surpass the peace that built up within. I inhaled and exhaled heavily trying to stabilize my breath still enjoying every moment of peace.

And then, the storm came but this time it didn't bring forth the violent rain.

But the sound of his breath. his chest heaved with emotion, It was intense and incessant. it spoke words I couldn't decipher, interlacing with that of mine.

It was discordant sounding and sinful.

Surprisingly, he didn't bat an eyelid and sat in silence taking delight in the rhythm of our hitching breath.

I could now feel the sweat underneath my bra; it was cold and then it heated up.

How is that even possible, there was no heater in sight?.

As the silence stretched out even longer. I narrowed my eyes down to him and watched every movement he made,  even the less subtle ones made me over think. there was something intriguing about him, I couldn't tear my gaze away from him.

No matter how hard I tried, I was stuck in the middle of a web weaved with lust.

Suddenly, he stood up and started to undress.

Ok maybe, I was only hallucinating.

I pinched myself to be sure I wasn't.

Then, he reached for his hoodie. pulling it over his head, it seemed as if it was stuck to his body, but it peeled off slowly as though it was a deliberate act to arouse me.
Indeed, I was fascinated by what was in front of me.

His muscles bulged taking symmetrical shapes almost at the same time loosened up, as though he was flexing them.

Suddenly I felt feverish. I was burning up, It was the first time I took pleasure in a grown man's naked body.
My mind ran through so many possibilities of what could go wrong in a split second if I don't leave in any minute.

Before I succeeded in moving a muscle, I spotted a tattoo at the naked end of his back.
instantly, I thoughtlessly terminated my earlier plan.

It looked like the drawing of a woman and from a distance she seemed sad.

I tried swallowing the bile that has built up, but it couldn't be quenched by mere saliva.

Curiosity got the best of me. as I looked closely and noticed a scar peeking out from under the waist band of his jean.

I grew up in a home were piercings, tattoos and loosing your virginity were ineffable. But seeing one on him wasn't that bad after all, I almost forgot my allegiance to my family's tradition.

This felt wrong, so wrong. I shouldn't feel this way towards a pervert, oh dear God please save me.

His back was still facing me, when he broke the pin drop silence.

“ I think its time you stop drilling hole at my back. That shit hurts really bad”.

My heart skipped a beat, his strange accent did something to me, strange things I haven't felt before.

Oh, God why me?

I mentally cried out for help.

Suddenly, the door flung open leading to an abrupt end to my trauma.

I heaved a sigh of relief.

When I turned and saw Josh coming through the slightly ajar door.

Whoever thought I could have lasted a minute longer without his intrusion  indeed had false hope in me.

“ hey, Josh” I said as a smile naturally stretched across my face, I tried acting normal like nothing ever happened.

Off course, nothing happened except that my mind was in turmoil, I was out of control.

His black hair fell across his face slick with water, as droplets twinkled on effect of the sunlight.

He stood in all his masculine glory, although he was of average height, he dwarfs my petite figure without a sign of remorse.
He vigorously rubbed a small towel round in circle on his head to suck up droplets that trickle down after shower.

Memories came flooding in. I remembered the first time I met Josh at the chapel. It wasn't so hard to accept him into my bubble because he was cute and he was a Nigerian. more so he made me warm up to him, when he made use of familiar lingo each and every time we spoke. plus he seemed genuine.

He didn't respond to my greeting.

He stared at us in an accusatory way as though he senses that something wasn't right, his silence was laced with so many uncertainties or maybe that was what I thought.

Through my peripheral vision I could see “Mr blue eyes” already laid on his bed and had his headset on.

Are you kidding me he was shirtless a minute ago?.

I jumped, as the vibration of my phone startled me.

I took the phone out of my pocket and read the message.

“ hey Becc, what are you doing here?” before I was done reading that, another came in.

“Sorry, That came off wrong what I meant was why didn't you call?”. He texts so fast.

I tore my eyes away from the screen of the phone and looked up to Josh's face.

He always had a smile on, and when he smiles the lines on both sides of his lip stretches as if the shackles of sadness has been broken.

I narrowed my eyes down to His ears and noticed he wasn't putting on his hearing aid.

Oh, how could i even forget that you can't use those while in shower.

I typed as fast as I could while auto correct perfectly did it's job.

“sorry, I didn't call I thought perhaps, I should surprise you. ”I said trying to conceal how overly embarrassed I was.

He walked over to his side of the room and took something from his nightstand before putting it on.

“ indeed, I am surprised. I'm sure you didn't come all the way to my dorm just to behold this handsomeness”. he said while gesturing to himself to add emphasis on how handsome he is.

At times my feelings for josh grows bigger to an unsurmountable extent but my restrictions are, he knows way too much about me.

“What else brought you here?” he continued, his voice came out having a hint of Nigerian accent although he lived here longer than I could remember.

“you know very well I'm a worker in the church. I need to go about my weekly functions. Please don't make it harder than it already is” I said trying to get plenty words out before I could get the chance to stutter.

He made a quiet chuckle while the other person bursted out laughing.

So much, for feigning to have your headset powered on.

A/N

Hey guys, thanks for reading this chapter, if you enjoyed it please don't forget to leave a like, comment and share.

A big shutout goes to @pecowrites and @poetenne. These girls are heaven-sent. thanks girls for all the help.
And please guys don't forget to checkout their books I promise you won't regret it.