mudspot

for no confusion, this is right after Mud 'drowned' this is his point of view of what happened in those years.

[mudspot]

Mud ran away from the clearing in a hurry, sooner or later Twig would have followed his trail. if he actually wanted to get away and stop Twig from searching for him, he haad to fake his death, or twig would destroy the clans to get him back. Mud's pelt stank o wild garlic to  hide his scent. he knew exactly where he was going; mudclan. [please fix the grammar in that sentence cuz ik its wrong in some way] mud's mother, rain, had been friends with mudclan and she was welcome to hunt on their territory but a newer member might not know and killed her on their land  Mud shook the thought away, he knew it was not mudclan who killed her, but twig would attack any clan anyway after saying what he did the night before, ''I will go to all the clans with our group and we will attack each one until we find the cat who killed Rain."

Rain's best friend was Amberfoot, a ginger she-cat with dark ginger stripes and green eyes, her mate was Brighteye, an acorn furred tom with amber eyes. their kits were piperkit, a dark brown tom with ginger spots on his back and green eyes, ashkit, an acorn furred tom with green eyes and sandkit, a yellow she-cat with yellow eyes. he was sure the family that was close to Rain would care for him.

as he was thinking, Mud hadn't noticed that he arived at burrows in the ground, only big enough for cats; mudclan is the clan that lives undergroud Mud remembered. he climbed in and as soon as a cat saw him, she alerted the camp. a bunch of cats came out covered in mud for camofladge but Mud could just make out the leader as a gray tom. ''duststar, this kit just randomly wandered into our camp.'' the she-cat mewed ''MUD!'' sandkit's mewed excitedly as she ran towards him. Amberfoot stayed where she was but said, ''duststar, this is rain's kit, i heared she died a few days ago and i can't bare to think if anything bad happened to his father. i asume he came to ask for care'' she said, looking down at the brown kit. Mud nodded. ''then if you let me, i can care for him alongside my own kits'' she finished. Duststar nodded and then said, ''very well, if he wants to join then he must take on a real clan name. Mud, from this day forward you shall be known as Mudkit'' 

''Mudkit, Mudkit'' some of the clan cheered but some others who did not yet trust him stayed silent.

he played along with all the other kits in the nursery, piperkit, the active one, ashkit, the shy but smart one, sandkit, the kind one and dawnkit, the leader of the group, well she is duststar's kit Mudkit thought, and finally, nightkit, dawnkit's sister, who wanted to become a medicine cat.

giant time skip

''Mudspot, Sandsplash, Ashleap, Piperheart, Dawntail'' the clan cheered their warrior names that they had gotten that day. Mudspot now had gained the trust of his clan and the friendship of Amberfoot's kits. nightpaw, the medicine cat apprentice got her full name of Nightstrike this half moon and she had been telling her sister every day from then. even though she was a full medicine cat, she still acted like a kit. 

this is explaining all that happened in the time between here and Twig's attack

Mudspot and sandsplash became mates and soon told him she was expecting, nightstrike's mentor, rosepelt had died but she got a new apprentice called flamepaw, duststar had died in a fox attack, losing his last life to protect his deputy daughter, dawntail. Dawnstar had become mates with her new deputy, ashleap. a new warrior was made called nightheart, he was a black tom with white dots on his pelt.

Twig's attack

Mudspt was curled around Sandsplash, who had recently been moved to the nursery. a yowl sounded from the camp saying ''attack'' and Mudspot ran to see what it was. He saw his father, Twig attacking another cat. ''TWIG'' mudspot called. twig ran towards Mudspot ''you are the cat who killed rain'' he growled. ''no, its me, Mud,'' mudspot replied. at that moment, sandsplash came out and asked, ''Mudspot, what are you doing?''

''dont worry, this is my father.'' mudspot replied. i should have known that if i left, twig would attack anyway adn there would be no one to stop him, mudspot thought 

''mud died as a kit and your name is mudspot, not mud.''

''i faked my own death to get away from you,'' mudspot growled, ''and thats not how naming works in the cla-'' he was cut off by Twig leaping at him but acorn fur flashed past him. ashleap plopped onto the growns, limp. there was a look of horror and disbelief in Twig's eyes as if he had not ment it to happen and he ran away. before Twig got anywhere, mudspot killed him. dawnstar was weeping at ashleap's body. he was her mate and deputy and she had lost both at once.

the days after were unsettling but sandsplash had delivered her kits, two she-cats. the brown one with a yallow paw was called ravenkit and the yellow one with brown paws and tail tip was called fernkit.