Chapter 10: From the Mouth of the Murderer

Start from the beginning

"ENOUGH!"

All of us stopped in whatever we were doing as power radiated all over the area. My arms shivered in fear as my instincts went to overdrive and I immediately bowed my head in submission. Anton released Calvin and stepped away before bowing his head down in submission like I was doing. Calvin, however, began shouting strings of curses as he snapped his gaze at the alpha.

"Shut the fùck up, old man," he said at Gregory-Smith in which I face palmed myself. Pretend he didn't just say that to an ancient alpha, Holly. Just ignore them. My inner self told me but I knew that nothing would happen if I didn't intervene soon. Calvin snarled at Anton who growled at him too.

"I'm going to kill this Gregory-Smith wether you like it or not."

Out of the blue, before Anton and Calvin can continue their scuffle, Gregory-Smith laughed. He gave a soft, melodious yet fragile laugh that sent relief in my stomach just like a happy alpha gives in his subordinates. Calvin froze on his spot and raised his eyebrows at the old man, completely weirded out at him while Anton crossed his arms at him.

"What the fùck is funny?" Calvin growled and I just rolled my eyes at him. "That is Anton," Gregory-Smith said as he pointed at his beta. Calvin followed his pointer finger and his frown deepened "And I am Gregory-Smith," the old alpha said with a smile on his face.

If I had a camera right now, it would have been picture perfect! Calvin's jaw dropped like he just received the shock of his life or knowing that Colton was pregnant or something worse. His expression is borderline surprised, disbelief, and doubt as his gaze shifted from Anton to the old alpha. Again, it was almost too comical.

Silence.

"Well fùck me with a bottle of rum," Calvin said as he still looked like he's in the weirdest scenario ever. His eyes landed on me, waiting for my confirmation so I just nodded slowly at him, a small motion that they are indeed serious. His eyes landed back at Gregory-Smith and I could see the anger that consumed him turn into a puddle of curiosity, threatening to drown him if ever he didn't know the answers before he kills the man.

"Why are you old? I expected that you are around Aldrich Von Trapp's age when I see you! You didn't hear the memo that you can drink blood to regain longer life?" Calvin's tone was degrading even for an omega like me but the old alpha didn't say anything back to him, and instead just nodded at him.

"I believe that Aldrich goes by the surname Van Housten and not Von Trapp; that's from the Sound of Music, ah, one of my favorite plays of all time," he said as he shook his head, reminiscing his past. "In fact, it was the first play that your mother, Annalise, and I watched on the grand theater in London. You're right, young Calvin. I am old and I know I can maintain my age but chose not to."

Chose not to? Why? The questions racked my brain and I almost asked him why; I stopped myself, though. After all, what he's about to share is what Calvin needs to know, not me.

I saw Calvin's jaw clench. "Don't talk to my mother like you knew her!" He spat at him, stalking towards the old man and threatening to hurt him. Anton jumped in front of him in which Calvin threw to the nearest wall; Anton flew from Calvin's hands and slammed on the wall, creating a small fissure. I gasped and back away as he approached the table, his eyes fluctuating to black.

"You don't know anything about my mother. Nothing."

For a minute, everything was silent. It was just Calvin fuming and Gregory-Smith staring at him. Finally, Gregory-Smith opened his mouth to speak and his words sent shivers right through my spine. "I knew your mother well. That's because I killed her. I killed her and your father."