Chapter 6: Intensity

|Holly|
Club Disturbia
November 2014

Harley's grips on my wrist tightened as we both dashed out of the scene, mingling with sweaty bodies back in the dance floor. My body still felt hot; in fact, it felt too hot that I wanted him to touch me and feel more of what he can do to me if isn't for the avidly of my situation. What the hell did I do this time?! If I remember correctly, I haven't done anything to appease someone or the opposite! In fact, I have been living a quite life at the rebellion, searching tent after tent for any alpha that may have killed the parents of Calvin but found none!

Maybe they are Harley's goons? But if they're are, then why are they chasing us down?

The answer to that came soon as they came charging into us, like mad bull, hitting anyone in the way. People stumbled away as they stared at the three shady characters paving way through the crowd just to reach us, a dangerous glint shining through their eyes. They are totally not Harley's goons. By the way they focus their stare at me makes me want to shiver and run away as soon as possible. Instead, I just let Harley do the work by dragging me to god knows where since we're starting to attract too much attention.

"Come on, Holly. Light on your feet now," he muttered through the music as I kept close to him. Even though I am drop dead drunk, my body responded to Harley almost immediately sensing the danger lurking behind.

"Who are they, Harley?" I managed to gasp out loud as I peeked behind to see them searching for us. I blew a sigh at the thought that they'd lost us until Harley said those words.

"They're here to take you as leverage against The Lord of Winchester."

I almost stopped on my tracks as I heard him say it. Me? Leverage for Calvin? They may take the Winchester lands and use that for leverage but for them to target me? What am I Calvin? I am but his slave. A dispensable things for him. They can't use me. They might have received the wrong information here!

I gaped at him as we exit through the crowd of people who're getting suspicious at us. Cold air finally blew through me after the loss of breathable oxygen through the bodies of sweaty individuals. I would have relished the refreshing feeling it offered if it wasn't for Harley who tugged at me for the fire exit. I glanced back and saw the three men still scanning the area, unaware that they have missed me and the alpha werewolf.

Harley pushed the door open and shoved me out before closing it and putting a metal tube located just beside it under the doorknob. My flats clang upon hitting the wielded metals that is the fire exit; I moved to the ledge, and looked down, seeing the dirty, empty alleyway where garbage is strewn about the cement. It is dark with only the stars and the moon casting an eerie glow beneath; the shrill sound of car horns and tires, meters away from us, echoed through the buildings surrounding the area, shaking a bit of comfort through me.

"We should go now, Holly," Harley said as he moved to the metal ladder and began working on it to descend. I watched his back as he worked and stared at the muscles behind that leather jacket. "Who are they, Harley? Why do they want me?" I asked, perplexed by the situation at hand.

He didn't reply for a bit, the sound of metal only consuming the thick silence between us. "I told you, they're here to take you for leverage against the vampire lord of Winchester," he said cautiously that is so unlike Harley. I narrowed my eyes at him and crossed my arms.

"Okay, what are you not saying here?"

He hesitated a bit but answered anyway. "Everyone knows that you're something special for The Lord of Winchester."

"That's not true, he doesn't care for me like that."

He shook his head at me as he finally found the latch to release the ladder which fell with a loud thump and screeching. "No, Holly. They are assuming that you are. And I get the feeling that their assumptions are dead on. If the managed to grab you, pray to the high heavens that Calvin Campbell is as good as dead."