Chapter One [ The Lady Magician ]

Number of words excluding author's note: 2299

***

In just a normal morning, where everyone is busy working in the small village in a town, noises of the villagers can be heard everywhere. It's normal for everyone and can be counted as a stressful day but not for a strange lady in this town.

A lady with brunette hair that can almost reach her waist, the brightness in her azure eyes can be seen, that matches her fair porcelain skin. She's wearing a white long dress that has a black tie that is tied to her waist as it shows her waist curve. A mischievous smile can be seen in some of children's faces as they watch her, looking at her curiously and excited. She looks at them as she chuckles and waves at them; she went to a place, a quiet and relaxing place. Some children were looking at her in confusion. She looks at them and gave them a soft smile as she calls them to come.

At first, the children look at her, some of them went towards to where she is and some of them didn't because they don't know her still. With a smile on her face, she sits on the grass and lean on the tree's trunk and asked the excited children,

"Do you believe in magic?"

***

Meanwhile, a young gentleman with pale skin and a dark brunette cowlick hair arrived in the village wearing his black breech pants and black waistcoat that has a cotton white neck length long sleeve shirt underneath. People are greeting him with a wide smile and congratulated him for successfully solving another case.

His sharp cerulean eyes wandered around the village to find his usual relaxing spot on where he can rest peacefully after another stressful chase with a culprit. He arrived to his usual place but he stop walking when he heard children's cheerful giggles, he peek into the place and found a girl with long brunette hair, he was stunned as he saw her smile brightly, she moves elegantly showing her little audience magical and colourful illusions.

"Marvellous." he unconsciously whispered to himself as he stare at the girl laugh together with the children as she handed each of them pink roses that came out of nowhere together with the doves that fly around the whole area.

The girl continues playing her trick making her doves appear on her hand as she let one of the children hold it. Their eyes are beaming in amusement. She laughs on their reaction as she snaps her finger letting the different colour of roses' petals fall down in the air. She took some of it and put it in her hand as she closes it tightly and opens which shows up a beautiful blue butterfly. Her blue eyes are shining brightly as she gained a lot of confidence by her little audiences' sweet smiles and laughter.

While she's playing her trick, her eyes caught someone staring at her with amused blue eyes. She looks at him as she noticed he was observing her trick. A smirk forms on her lips when a bright idea appears on her mind. She stops playing her tricks as she looks at the children again.

"I have a last trick that I'm going to show but this time I need an assistant" the children starts to raise their hands volunteering to be her assistant. She laughs on their reaction as she looks at them. "Sorry guys but I already found a good assistant for this little show of mine..."she said as she cleared her throat as she speaks louder "I'm inviting the man that is wearing a black waistcoat and pants with a white long sleeves. The one that has sharp looking blue eyes" she said as she slightly glances at the guy hoping he hears her.

Looking at her while still not making a move, his eyes widens a little when he heard her describe him. He remain standing to where he is for a second, he saw her glance at him with her bright little smile, without any reason, his heart skip a beat as he just look at her until he comes back to his senses. He cleared his throat and stands up properly, he walked toward to where the lady is with his gentleman posture while wearing a small grin on his face.